Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm. Huddo should ask bucks if he’s been to media school.

You’ve got half the story.

According to Buckley, he made a comment during a game about a week back, basically saying commentators who had not played at the highest level needed to be careful in regards to criticising on field decision-making.

He thinks Hudson took offence to this......as a week later Hudson took a typical smart-ass private school boy shot at Buckley....saying something to the effect that ‘he better be careful of his comments, now he’s in the media’.....

To which Buckley replied....’Tell us about your senior footy career mate’......He said it in a kind of jest....but Buckley is a very proud man....and won’t cop sh1t from a deformed squib like Hudson.

Buckley 2, Hudson Zip.

You’ve got half the story.

According to Buckley, he made a comment during a game about a week back, basically saying commentators who had not played at the highest level needed to be careful in regards to criticising on field decision-making.

He thinks Hudson took offence to this......as a week later Hudson took a typical smart-ass private school boy shot at Buckley....saying something to the effect that ‘he better be careful of his comments, now he’s in the media’.....

To which Buckley replied....’Tell us about your senior footy career mate’......He said it in a kind of jest....but Buckley is a very proud man....and won’t cop sh1t from a deformed squib like Hudson.

Buckley 2, Hudson Zip.

I thought Hudson went to a public school

He could have gone to De Grassi high for all I care...his comment came-off as they have done since he grovelled to Rex Hunt....like the snivelling campaigners I used to fight with on the school bus - and later worked with.

Not all...but it’s a definite ‘air’...where they don’t believe they have to take anything seriously.....because Daddy’s money fixes all....Rant over.

The comment was towards the end of Pies Adelaide game. Hudson had a crack at Bucks regarding comment about a play that unfolded and Bucks chimed in with the ‘have you played the game’ retort. Both could have been cracking playful jibes at the other but could understand how the viewer heard differently

The comment was towards the end of Pies Adelaide game. Hudson had a crack at Bucks regarding comment about a play that unfolded and Bucks chimed in with the ‘have you played the game’ retort. Both could have been cracking playful jibes at the other but could understand how the viewer heard differently
That was the second ‘exchange’.....Buckley believes something he said earlier was taken the wrong way .....Who knows?

I suspect Hudson is feeling ‘passed by’ with various new commentators on the scene....

What offended Andy today?
LOL...might be worth listening in later today for a melt on the situation evolving at Manly in the NRL where 7 players are refusing to don a 'Pride' Guernsey for this W/E's game..
The players' refusing point is on religous beliefs & that wearing the Manly Jumper signifies inclusiveness as it is already so why should they be forced to wear an alternative jumper to justify that acceptance when its in theyre hearts regardless.
The World of the 'Holy See' is a crazy place indeed

Last edited:
LOL...might be worth listening in later today for a melt on the situation evolving at Manly in the NRL where 7 players are refusing to don a 'Pride' Guernsey for this W/E's game..
The players' refusing point is on religous beliefs & that wearing the Manly Jumper signifies inclusiveness as it is already so why should they be forced to wear an alternative jumper to justify that acceptance when its in theyre hearts regardless.
The World of the 'Holy See' is a crazy place indeed
Ooooh he'll just about cry I reckon.

I do understand that if players don't believe in something, they shouldn't be forced, which is good, it's professional sport, not a forum to shove things down people's throats.

just outta curiosity,not sure if SEN highlighted or even discussed the Holy Sees 'World' Athletics but i suspect they would have because of the Aussie high jumpers gold medal in the womens,is it ok to say that ? womens ? :tearsofjoy: anyway did anyone else see the athlete, Casta Semen-in-ya, running with and competing against other women athletes ? did anyone else notice several male athletes running in and competing against women in races labelled
'Womens 5000 mtrs' for eg ?

just outta curiosity,not sure if SEN highlighted or even discussed the Holy Sees 'World' Athletics but i suspect they would have because of the Aussie high jumpers gold medal in the womens,is it ok to say that ? womens ? :tearsofjoy: anyway did anyone else see the athlete, Casta Semen-in-ya, running with and competing against other women athletes ? did anyone else notice several male athletes running in and competing against women in races labelled
'Womens 5000 mtrs' for eg ?
It's a joke, people are genuinely proud and happy for it to happen.

You were born male, you compete against males, female the same thing.

You don't see born women switching to male to compete in elite sports, do you?

It's always men becoming women competing in women's sports because they're simply not good enough.

It's a joke it's happening and Im glad people are slowly fighting back, I'd be so ******* annoyed if my daughter was an athlete, worked hard to be successful, only to get beaten by a man, * off.

I do understand that if players don't believe in something, they shouldn't be forced, which is good, it's professional sport, not a forum to shove things down people's throats.
i wonder if the pickles even bright enuff to see the 'Worlds' running gag that is Casta Semenya..i very much doubt it

Last edited:

How about the AFLW player of islamic faith who refused to play earlier this year?

I feel that if players dont believe in something and boycott, all power to them.

How about the AFLW player of islamic faith who refused to play earlier this year?

I feel that if players dont believe in something and boycott, all power to them.
Yeah as I was writing it I thought of that.

Honestly I'm sick of it all bring shoved down out throats, if I don't accept or agree with something, don't slam it down my throat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah as I was writing it I thought of that.

Honestly I'm sick of it all bring shoved down out throats, if I don't accept or agree with something, don't slam it down my throat.

Haneen Zreika did spring to mind although i honestly admit i forgot her name. But again, that's her right not to play as are the Manly players too. Although i did hear a rumour that some of the boycotters have put the truck in reverse and done a backflip,

Have you stayed away from rounds/games before (pride, anzac, sir doug nichols, maddie game, blue ribbon, pink lady game) in protest/boycott?

I think if the afl had to make considerations for everyone who watches or attends games, in that as you said people dont agree with, there wouldnt be any games at all haha

I totally agree, I think Jen is a good addition to the airwaves. She has really grown into the role. She has a really good rapport with the callers, and brings kind of a warmth and calmness to Overnights, which is probably what you want if you're listening at that hour.

Agree, 100%. Jen's very polite, has zero ego, is self-deprecating and very easy, to listen to. I wish she was on, every night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back