Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
At least he's honest. Let's face it, although its not our job, does anyone watch every game?
Why shouldn't it be expected that personalities who are paid to offer opinions on AFL, and solely AFL, and are paid to create content for their employers solely about AFL, watch all 9 games each week? That should be the bare minimum. I mean what else do they have going on in their lives when their 3-hour radio show ends?

Alas, Damo has admitted on the Sounding Board that no one in footy media does it anymore, and the last one he knew who did it was Terry Wallace.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

But internationals are not listening to SEN , i said the pom that was on last night .

You get the best perspectives from international commentators who follow the tennis circuit around the world - Not many Aussie commentators follow the circuit full time, so you may not get the same quality of information/analysis - Do you have any issues when SEN uses overseas commentators/journalists etc who cover American sport or any wold-wide sport?

Just spread it around a bit that's all

It doesn't work that way - There isn't enough Australian based commentators who travel the circuit to spread it around - Anyway BP does a weekly show on SEN, so it would be silly not to use him - Craig Gabriel is excellent, however he works for RSN.

Why shouldn't it be expected that personalities who are paid to offer opinions on AFL, and solely AFL, and are paid to create content for their employers solely about AFL, watch all 9 games each week? That should be the bare minimum. I mean what else do they have going on in their lives when their 3-hour radio show ends?

Alas, Damo has admitted on the Sounding Board that no one in footy media does it anymore, and the last one he knew who did it was Terry Wallace.

I agree 100% - It may not be possible for some commentators to watch all games if they are travelling interstate to call - I believe Robbo usually watches 9 games or part of if games are on at the same time.

I don’t expect them to, given the landscape, but would like them to.
Gary Lyon has noted on certain times that he doesn’t watch all games.

I agree 100% - It may not be possible for some commentators to watch all games if they are travelling interstate to call - I believe Robbo usually watches 9 games or part of if games are on at the same time.

Probably need replays or Kayo minis to provide footage.
I mean it’s not difficult to watch all games either in full of summaries there of.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
You get the best perspectives from international commentators who follow the tennis circuit around the world - Not many Aussie commentators follow the circuit full time, so you may not get the same quality of information/analysis - Do you have any issues when SEN uses overseas commentators/journalists etc who cover American sport or any wold-wide sport?
As soon as Yank sport comes on i stop listening . As i've said before i'm just over it , can't stand the Joker and the Russians just want them to lose

I was listening to their commentary of the Renegades vs the Strikers match on Tuesday night and it was abysmal. Giving the score was an afterthought, you had no idea if the bowler was bowling over or around the wicket and the description of the play was lacking in detail.
Dead giveaway is when they don’t mention position on the field of where ball’s been hit and don’t know name of fielding positions

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Would be interesting to know what they threw at him $$$$ wise to do it
would be,but regardless the saurus threw him out with the garbage and Fineys a proud man,theres no coming back from the way he was treated
only hope of Finey returning would be if the saurus moved on id say,tho you never know,a qtr of a mil would be tempting but it be tainted money
in Marks eyes i feel

Turned for SOD and Edmund and no we get SOD and Hargraves , was he bullshiting about being a house husband
i did not hear the house husband thing, but upon hearing hargraves name attention turned elsewhere.

tho in the sliver of time spent, i didnt think he was as bad as he used to be (which was bad).

Wull Hutchy send Whately over to the superbowl again this year? Looks like another Aussie (Jordan Mailata) will be participating.

b1f4563e08d43e0550c4a4f52fba954b

the avoca drover

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2007
The house of Jim Jess
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon UTT
I was listening to 774 ABC yesterday morning and the topic was people who had done a 180 degree turn in their careers. The first talkback caller was Mark and that he used to be a radio presenter. Said he lost his job when the radio station he worked at had a change of ownership. He explained that he bought a delicatessen from a mate and how much he enjoyed it.
Was great to hear Finey back on the airwaves, even if it was only as a talkback caller.

I was listening to 774 ABC yesterday morning and the topic was people who had done a 180 degree turn in their careers. The first talkback caller was Mark and that he used to be a radio presenter. Said he lost his job when the radio station he worked at had a change of ownership. He explained that he bought a delicatessen from a mate and how much he enjoyed it.
Was great to hear Finey back on the airwaves, even if it was only as a talkback caller.
any chance of linking us to a podcast/replay of the segment?

Back