Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really trust them , being involved in local sport all year when you talk to others it's about what's on Sen . The show that everyone bags is midday with Wayne , no one can stand him and the other is Gaze .
I’m going to take 1 for the the team and I am going to listen for 1 hour in the morning. I couldn’t do it in the afternoon cos the bloke partnering Gaze is just so hopeless. I suspect: 10.07 news and general drivel has completed. Whatelely introduces guest and agrees with everything person says. ….I will report possibly Friday if haven’t taken to drink by then. I will be taking into consideration when said Whateley “brought to you by ….funeral home….”……

Best field kicks according to advanced stats.

Who do you think is in the top 50 field kicks?

Lass says Dylan Moore. Why? Cause she’s watched him very closely and will be a future captain.

🤪

Did I hear correctly today ( well yesterday now) they are going to do a segment with "Sando" nest week which is ....Which AFL Player would you trust to fix your car?????.
Tell me I am wrong.

Sando made a list ranking the coaches in terms of who you would want to take over a prime list and deliver a flag. Next week it will be who is the best coach to rebuild a club.

He had Clarko and Chris Scott 1 and 2. Safe picks but I'd actually take Longmire. I think the job he has done being in Sydney is quietly superb.

Sando made a list ranking the coaches in terms of who you would want to take over a prime list and deliver a flag. Next week it will be who is the best coach to rebuild a club.

He had Clarko and Chris Scott 1 and 2. Safe picks but I'd actually take Longmire. I think the job he has done being in Sydney is quietly superb.
Had Horse as 3 , i don't mind Sando . As much as annoying that GW is , he has some interesting people on , not like Wayne

I parked at Clifton Hill near the station, and went to the game last night. Got back to the car after the game - maybe took half an hour or so? Turned on SEN for the drive home and Dermie was giving an appraisal of the game to Whately. Whately then threw to an ad break saying he would take some Blues callers next...

Went to ads, and I switched off for a few minutes, then when I turned it back on, it was Whately and Sanderson talking about the upcoming games for the weekend, then he went into some coach ranking segment.

It was like some pre-recorded segment, or a repeat of something earlier they might use for overnight filler.
We kept listening, thinking that it would surely be over soon, but it just kept going and going.

WTF was that?!?!

I parked at Clifton Hill near the station, and went to the game last night. Got back to the car after the game - maybe took half an hour or so? Turned on SEN for the drive home and Dermie was giving an appraisal of the game to Whately. Whately then threw to an ad break saying he would take some Blues callers next...

Went to ads, and I switched off for a few minutes, then when I turned it back on, it was Whately and Sanderson talking about the upcoming games for the weekend, then he went into some coach ranking segment.

It was like some pre-recorded segment, or a repeat of something earlier they might use for overnight filler.
We kept listening, thinking that it would surely be over soon, but it just kept going and going.

WTF was that?!?!
I noticed that aswell, I thought it was live but then it sounded pre recorded. It was from his morning show

Radio ratings are provided after asking randomly selected persons what they listened to, and relies on the person remembering and noting. according to neil mitchell.

I did a ratings book years ago, the idea is to fill it out as you go, or at least the end of the day.

The latter is easily done if you're glued to one station all day. It's like any log book...the longer you rely on memory, the more inaccurate it is going to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Radio ratings are provided after asking randomly selected persons what they listened to, and relies on the person remembering and noting. according to neil mitchell.

I don't think they are perfect but I think they are a measure.

I am sure they do a bit to smooth them out but percentages don't move that much. SEN for example are generally around the same number. If it was as random and made up as Hutchy claims then even with some outliers removed the numbers should move alot more than they do.

Plenty of people channel surf but alot do lock in a station or a show at a time of day so I don't agree with Hutchy that it is that hard to remember. There would be more fluctuations if there was.

Gut feel is not that many people listen to SEN outside a certain demographic. 2% seems about right.

The breakfast shows on Monday's and Friday's are good on SEN. I don't think Lyon and Watson are accross enough games so are often limited in what they can talk about.

They did a couple of interviews but it's good they don't do too many. Most if the time any player or coaching interviews are boring.

The breakfast shows on Monday's and Friday's are good on SEN. I don't think Lyon and Watson are accross enough games so are often limited in what they can talk about.

They did a couple of interviews but it's good they don't do too many. Most if the time any player or coaching interviews are boring.
That was a good interview with Horse

Player interviews should be banned on every medium. They all "love the way he goes about" "one week at a time' "between the 4 walls" etc, boring as batshit interviews

Player interviews should be banned on every medium. They all "love the way he goes about" "one week at a time' "between the 4 walls" etc, boring as batshit interviews

Wrap our arms around him, give him love and support
To be honest
Yeah we knew (team) would come out hard. They're a great side.

I think they at 3 days a week is about right for them. Id even go so far as to say if SEN can find more presenters, perhaps have a different duo on each day. Keeps things fresh and light. I feel lyon and watson as you said dont watch enough, ironic given they work for the broadcasters. And they arent professional enough like sam edmund when asking questions unrelated to footy.

I also feel that there's an element of FM breakfast radio to their schtick now. Which is ok.

I think they at 3 days a week is about right for them. Id even go so far as to say if SEN can find more presenters, perhaps have a different duo on each day. Keeps things fresh and light. I feel lyon and watson as you said dont watch enough, ironic given they work for the broadcasters. And they arent professional enough like sam edmund when asking questions unrelated to footy.

I also feel that there's an element of FM breakfast radio to their schtick now. Which is ok.

I reckon Gary watches most/all the games involving the big Melbourne clubs, he probably does a Kayo Mini of the others. I don't think he can bluff his way through an hour of On The Couch without having watched sufficient games. And that's enough to cover 95%+ of the SEN talkback callers.

Tim, I'm not so sure about. Seems to be genuinely apathetic about the game and the modern AFL in particular (Essendon saga weighing). I reckon he spends most of the weekend on his farm or playing with his grandkids. Bluffs his way through three mornings on SEN.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back