NFL (12/13) Super Bowl XLVII: Baltimore Ravens vs San Francisco 49ers

Predictions...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggesting of lacking bias is going out the window hyar!

I didn't care who won as I don't like either team. I would hate a Superbowl to be determined by a refs call on a 50/50 incident. All I wanted was a close game - tick - and for it not to be decided by the refs - tick. The game won today and is getting bigger in Australia.

I hate ref or umpire bashing and since 1990 have only been unhappy with the umpires once - the 1994 Prelim V the Cats.

The same thing Crabree's hands were doing - interfering. You have lowered your eyes and only focus on one pull of the jumper. You can't be sure he would have made up the ground to make that catch either - more straw more clutching more chicken more choking.

And you bring up imaginery things and continue to divert.....let me spell it out for you so even a Seahawk fan gets it....Smith instigated contact after 5 metres and grabbed Crabtree... Crabtree then tried to push off, it should still be a flag and offsetting penalties and replay the down at the very least.

And leave the chocking comments for the schoolyard champ, they call that penalty correctly and the story would be the Ravens choking away a 3 TD lead.

I didn't care who won as I don't like either team. I would hate a Superbowl to be determined by a refs call on a 50/50 incident. All I wanted was a close game - tick - and for it not to be decided by the refs - tick. The game won today and is getting bigger in Australia.

I hate ref or umpire bashing and since 1990 have only been unhappy with the umpires once - the 1994 Prelim V the Cats.
The refs being called out for non-calls, even if they 'deserved' not to be called given the precedence set in the game is hardly blaming the refs.

They deserve to be held to a high standard given their actions at the start of the year.

original.gif

BTW, how did Williams get away with that...

And you bring up imaginery things and continue to divert.....let me spell it out for you so even a Seahawk fan gets it....Smith instigated contact after 5 metres and grabbed Crabtree... Crabtree then tried to push off, it should still be a flag and offsetting penalties and replay the down at the very least.

And leave the chocking comments for the schoolyard champ, they call that penalty correctly and the story would be the Ravens choking away a 3 TD lead.

Any poor calls or non for the game for the Ravens?? Sadness makes people blind.

I haven't watched the game yet, nor have I seen any of the ads, but I'm pretty sure Oreo won the Super Bowl with this tweet minutes after the power went out:

BCOVrUMCIAAdN5J.jpg:large

The one thing that annoys me about NFL - as soon as the game is over, there are more media on the field than players/coaches/officials. They should hold them back for a minute or two to allow the players etc to share the moment, instead every player hugging someone is surrounded by 20 cameramen, to the point where they can't move.

Good on Flacco for dropping the FBomb - the cameras shouldn't be that close in the best couple of minutes of your career.

Any poor calls or non for the game for the Ravens?? Sadness makes people blind.

Yeah, the hit out of bound on Flacco springs to mind but can't think of too many others...unlike three in three plays on the final drive in question.

For the record, not sad at all...life is full of happiness and joy...Ray Lewis taught me that, even if my team was deserted today, according to Ray, by the same God I (and a lot of 49ers) worship.

The upside for the Browns is they look like they might start to come up the rankings a bit in the next couple of years.

Whoever the first team to win a championship in Cleveland is going to be, they are going to have a massive reaction.

GFC hit the city of Cleveland as hard as any city in the US.
What did Geelong ever do to Cleveland? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was terrible! I'm still trying to figure how SF still had a chance to win that game. God, Baltimore should've 35pts+. Weak first possession after the blackout, pathetic punt, pathetic fumble, ******* hell! Don't know what will happen over the next few years, but I think the 49ers may rue these last two seasons. No SB despite being the best team over that period.

Oh yeah, Beyonce at half time was **** as well.

May as well ask now because i probably won't be back here for a while.
Blood Meridian reference yeh?

Correct. Good pick up, Cormac McCarthy is one of my fav writers... great book

Apologies if this hasn't been brought up - but if that last play was a penalty, why didn't Harbaugh (Jim) challenge? I know they only had one time out left but surely if he was that confident it was illegal, he should have challenged it.

May as well ask now because i probably won't be back here for a while.
Blood Meridian reference yeh?
Offseason is when this place gets fun!
GG I havent changed my profile pic or signature since Flacco was drafted! Been proven right!
/only-post-when-either-my-fantasy-team-or-the-Ravens-do-well

;)

Apologies if this hasn't been brought up - but if that last play was a penalty, why didn't Harbaugh (Jim) challenge? I know they only had one time out left but surely if he was that confident it was illegal, he should have challenged it.
Can't retroactively call a penalty on review. Nor can you challenge a penalty occurring.

Thanks Dagless.

There is a replay on Saturday morning on One (why they didn't replay it tonight is beyond me)but at least it is a three hour version so they will edit out a lot of the stoppages/ads

It is getting bigger here was easily 150 people at Melbas in Surfers for the SB party pretty good day! Only 20% were Ravens fans... One guy I have to give props to was a guy in a M.Oher jersey! Shocked how many niner fans were there a couple guys even had Kaepernick jerseys already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back