Retired #12: Andrew Welsh - Joins the board of directors - 26/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 12. Andrew Welsh

What are you talking about forward back or middle?

He's played 2 x ok games tagging. He's been disgusting for the rest of the year in all positions played. As a back he's too slow and footy dumb. As a forward he's footy dumb despite having the odd one land in his hands.

As a midfielder he can't use the ball and relies on pretending that he's tough.

Yep, i bet the coaches are wrapped to have Andrew 'saviour' Welsh on the list.

Get rid of the dud.

you've just made a major fool of yourself.

You're clueless

we want palmer to get the ball. the kid is a turnover machine. just like murphy was yesterday. bell is the one in their midfield who can get them going so welshy should go to him

judd hasn't been exploding out of many packs this year. murphy butchers the ball so stevens would be the next best option. we may as well start him on judd and if he can't keep up make the adjustment

told ya:)

overated

we want palmer to get the ball. the kid is a turnover machine. just like murphy was yesterday. bell is the one in their midfield who can get them going so welshy should go to him
Bell will be tagging Stanton/Watson/McVeigh

crowley will go to stants, whilst i'd expect spikey and carr to go head to head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually thought he'd take the time to try and understand how the best and fairest system at the club he supports, actually works.

I guess I only have myself to blame.

Yes, I'm glab you've spent time wondering about that.

No way in our best side.

His decision making capabilities are shocking. That is why he takes far too long to get rid of the ball which results in bombs to 50 50's. Seems to be rated only by bomber fans. Every mate i've got who supports other teams laugh at him.

He's sh*t... Not in our best 22

How career defining it is that this over rated slug has not been able to stand up as a mature player and deliver anything this year.

With a destinct lack of mature players, he's had a perfect opportunity to step up and prove me wrong.

I guess i'm just right.

What are you talking about forward back or middle?

As a midfielder he can't use the ball and relies on pretending that he's tough.

Yep, i bet the coaches are wrapped to have Andrew 'saviour' Welsh on the list.

Get rid of the dud.

Fact is, Welsh is an over rated footballer by supporters of the Essendon football club. Welsh doesn't have the ability to consistently play well. Therefore he won't do the job for the rest of the year.

Petty he can't play!

And no wonder he bought you a beer, he's the most overpaid and over rated player in the league.

Word is the Dons won't trade Welsh.

We really are kidding ourselves with this bloke. I am sick to death of people suggesting how tough and skillful he is.... Get a grip.

With regard to his skills, i'd love to see the stats on turnovers. He'd be right up the top somewhere. It's not just that he turns it over, it's how scared he looks when there's people around him.

A real shocker. Get rid of him.

Andrew Welsh is undoubtedly the most over-rated player at Essendon for the last 20 years.

He consistently turns the ball over both by hand and foot and inevitably costs us goals at the other end.

The bottom line is that if we are relying on Welsh as part of a core player group to take us to a position of strength then we are kidding. Trade him now while for some reason someone may want to give up something for him.

He has been the posterboy for Essendons mediocrity for 4 years. Get him out of the system and give someone else a go.

Ordinary small 3 in defence, slow midfield, good forward line.

Why is it that Andrew Welsh is considerred in our best 18. He's an ordinary player who has been the centre of our mediocrity for too long now.

:cool:

As I said in the game topic. Can't believe I thought he was finished:eek:

^^ I have to admit defeat myself - Welsh has reinvented himself and is now a very important cog in our midfield.

I love to be proven wrong when it comes to our own players, and I love players who can turn it around when seemingly they have no more tricks left - On ya Woosha!

Geez mate,

plays a few good games on the run and i'm supposed to apologise for him being crap for the past 5 years. Not a chance.

I'm glad you took to the time to troll through every post i've given on Andrew Welsh. Obviously plenty of time on your hands.

Geez mate,

plays a few good games on the run and i'm supposed to apologise for him being crap for the past 5 years. Not a chance.

I'm glad you took to the time to troll through every post i've given on Andrew Welsh. Obviously plenty of time on your hands.

I asked you the question as to IF he was to continue to play a good tagging role for the rest of the year would you think he would earn his spot on the list nest year.

You dismissed it as not possible as he won't do it.

You haven't just criticized him but you have mercilessly bagged him beyond what anyone else has.

You have made statements about him that are absolutely ridiculous.

Your quotes were all contained in this thread, took about 2 minutes and i came accross the recent additions, the most damning, while searching for a thread that was requested by one of our posters.

It was no trouble at all.

The question now remains as it did a month ago.

Spot on the list next year?

I asked you the question as to IF he was to continue to play a good tagging role for the rest of the year would you think he would earn his spot on the list nest year.

You dismissed it as not possible as he won't do it.

You haven't just criticized him but you have mercilessly bagged him beyond what anyone else has.

You have made statements about him that are absolutely ridiculous.

Your quotes were all contained in this thread, took about 2 minutes and i came accross the recent additions, the most damning, while searching for a thread that was requested by one of our posters.

It was no trouble at all.

The question now remains as it did a month ago.

Spot on the list next year?

My criticism had come prior to his last 4 weeks which since being changed to a tagging roll, Welsh has performed well.

4 weeks doesn't make a career though and he is still a long way off being a high quality player. I've also made mention of his better performances on other threads so nice selective quoting.

I'm wrapped that he's performed well over the past few weeks as it may entice some trade currency at the end of the year. I'm obviously not a fan of his and would like to see him traded for youth at the seasons end.

I don't think it will happen though and think he'll be on our list next year.

Who will he get this week? Foley or Tuck I reckon...

I was surprised to hear Spike last week say, that Woosher has a pretty big engine and it was being wasted when he was playing at CHF or in the BP. Also good to hear from the man himself say that he loves playing on the leagues best onballers, is really thriving...

In career best form. What a revolution. :)

we dont mind if tuck gets the ball. with deledio in doubt he'll get foley for sure i would think

Who will he get this week? Foley or Tuck I reckon...

I was surprised to hear Spike last week say, that Woosher has a pretty big engine and it was being wasted when he was playing at CHF or in the BP. Also good to hear from the man himself say that he loves playing on the leagues best onballers, is really thriving...

In career best form. What a revolution. :)

Just talking about this in another thread ... He's been huge for you guys, huge ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back