Traded 12. Cooper Stephens (2020-2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Constable was an excellent pick big difference in opportunity at the highest level. Worpel got blooded hawthorn were outside of the 8 where Geelong was on top of the ladder in 2019.

Chris Scott went with the mature options like Guthrie, Menegola etc. If the ladder positions were reversed I think constable and worpels numbers would project very similar.

Its pick (36) & (45) so everybody missed worpel. For mine constable has better scope for improvement as I feel he needs to grow into that body and work his tank quite a bit. Around that 190 or 6'3 height.

Worpel looks very handy and excelled last season but I think Constable looks a type who has more scope for development physically than worpel does.

Constables AFL & especially VFL numbers were off the charts realistically. 2020 Constable should be a lock for best 22 if Chris Scott is serious about building a contender for now and into the future

Certainly a difference physically. Worpel is shredded while chook is still Skinny-Fat with absolutely no chest. He's certainly got more physical development left in him than Worpel

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Certainly a difference physically. Worpel is shredded while chook is still Skinny-Fat with absolutely no chest. He's certainly got more physical development left in him than Worpel

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Obviously inside mid as well you need that work on the frame. The Josh Kennedy types whom I think constable is similar gamestyle wise in a lot of ways. Took him 3 seasons to really establish himself and traded as well. No idea if chook has that type of scope albeit I think he has the talent to play that role. But you will need to give him the reins to find out sink or swim in a lot of ways.

Where the Worpedo was I feel really ready to go early which is a credit to himself and the hawks. Really had a fantastic 2019 one of the finds of the season really. Tom Mitchell will be back at hawthorn this year though so might not get as much opportunity. And that's what a lot of it boils down to in my eyes opportunities and capitalizing.

Thought it pretty easy to see Worpel's core strength early think Cooper while quite strong not as thick set probably due to his extra height.

This mythical thing called potential is a load of s**t. Players should be judged on current output not potential... The majority of the time this so called potential never shows up.

This mythical thing called potential is a load of s**t. Players should be judged on current output not potential... The majority of the time this so called potential never shows up.
In that case, how do you judge draftees with how they will handle the pressure of AFL level competition when it's not something any of them have been exposed to?

Is that not when potential plays a role - knowing what a kid has produced during their junior career and if they have the potential to step it up against the bigger bodies & experienced players at AFL level?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every investment known to man is based on 'potential'...........

whats the line on every prospectus .... past performance is not indictitive of future returns ... or something like that ... yet everyone who invests hopes and calculates that those future returns will be worth of the risk.. Its a rock on the edge of a cliff with someone rocking it.. to some degree its the ball in the Minority report.

There is not a player recruited who hasn't done something to garner attention .. but no one has done anything till they have done it.

thus the potential for you to actually demonstate being a GFC supporter wont ever deliver and thus...... well... bye bye...

GO Catters

Given none of them play afl then none of them have any output to judge. Ate you suggesting draft only 24 year old state leaguers?

Given none of them play afl then none of them have any output to judge. Ate you suggesting draft only 24 year old state leaguers?
Imho, they should only be drafted on footy ability at whatever level they have played.
All the peripheral crap is irrelevant.
Some top draftees often miss draft camps due to timely operations etc anyway and still get top 10 .
Also imho, it should not be U18, but rather go back to U19.
Many kids are psychosocially, physically, and skeletally immature, and most have too much to focus on in Year 12.
That one year could make a massive difference.

Imho, they should only be drafted on footy ability at whatever level they have played.
Some top draftees often miss draft camps due to timely operations etc anyway and still get top 10 .
Many kids are psychosocially, physically, and skeletally immature, and most have too much to focus on in Year 12.
Specifically what do you mean.. a return of the afl teams U19's.. the nab league becomes U19's. that all kids must be 19 before being drafted ..or a return to what it was like years ago where certain players like Tim Wason were deemed ready to play at much younger than the current min age..

Nope. That’s endurance not speed related. Have heard no mention of if he is quick or not.

That will certainly determine his speed as the quarter wears on and when second or third efforts are required.
Speed becomes relative to endurance, so the yoyo test means plenty especially for a midfielder on ball type player.

Last edited:
I'll agree with your statement when you present a comprehensive measurement and metric system for the bolded characteristic.

Specifically what do you mean.. a return of the afl teams U19's.. the nab league becomes U19's. that all kids must be 19 before being drafted ..or a return to what it was like years ago where certain players like Tim Wason were deemed ready to play at much younger than the current min age..
Yes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back