Traded 12. Cooper Stephens (2020-2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruno likes to convey very specific arguments without the requisite clarity.

The question is: if he's good enough to warrant developing in the firsts (and on draft pick, attributes and preseason form he looks good enough), do you change the structure to get him in? Building up his game time in the twos until he can run games out makes perfect sense - but once that's done, what happens?

Senior midfielder seems the deepest position at the Cats so it may well involve sacrifice elsewhere, though I'd be looking at the games someone like Higgins has been getting as a flanker/outnumber rather than one of the true smalls.
That's much better argued. I guess we'll know when it happens, my guess is round 3. But I think he can rotate out of half back and they would drop maybe Atkins for him for that I think.

West Coast lost I think 12 players to covid this week so guarantee he will get a chance at some point.

He is far too big for a small forward role though

What's the deal with this guy?

You'd think now is the time to integrate him into the side in place of Close. Other than Stengle who can take a game away from an opponent I think your small forwards are expendable. Neither Close or Miers are quick enough to add the extra ground level bite needed.

That's only relevant to Stephens because he can perform the pressure/structural role and can't wait 2 more years for a midfield spot to free up.

Change has to be forced it almost always is.
Stick to watching your team of witches hats play, horrendous call.

What's the deal with this guy?

You'd think now is the time to integrate him into the side in place of Close.

Clearly your not only a half wit...but an ignorant half wit as well.

Stick to critiquing your own players rather than making misinformed statements on our board.

Now off you go...and stay away till next our teams meet.

Probably has a bit more upside than Worpel. I do think Worpel is in a form slump though, and will be a decent player too.

Probably has a bit more upside than Worpel. I do think Worpel is in a form slump though, and will be a decent player too.
I should hope so, being drafted about 30-40 picks earlier in the draft and being.

Is Charlie Constable the Worpel comparison you're searching for?

I should hope so, being drafted about 30-40 picks earlier in the draft and being.

Is Charlie Constable the Worpel comparison you're searching for?

Nah, I think Worpel is better than Constable. Worpel could get to Cam Guthrie level with a bit of luck, effort and perseverance. But that's the ambitious end of the scale.

Cooper Stephens has been traded to the Hawks.

Best of luck to Coop.....

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back