#12 Jackson Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't mind picking up Trengove, of the Jack variety - if only for the lulz.

Disappointing that he is out of the Maggies side for the game against WWT this weekend. Hopefully his injury isn't too severe.

Trengove named at Full Forward in the Port Magpies League side this week (P Burgoyne named alongside him in the pocket).

Will be particularly interesting if he does indeed play up forward this week.

Welcome to the Jackson Cage. ;)

[YOUTUBE]Sdt7M0WSoxc[/YOUTUBE]

New Power giant is ready for action
ANDREW CAPEL | October 30, 2009 12:00am

link
FORGOTTEN Port Adelaide teenager Jackson Trengove has declared himself over his career-threatening injuries and ready to repay the Power's unwavering faith in him.
<snip>
Trengove, who has put on a remarkable 10kg of muscle since arriving at Alberton at 85kg, said as tough as the past 16 months had been for him he never had lost faith in his ability to get his body right to play AFL, using Bali bombing victim Jason McCartney's battle with severe burns as his inspiration.
link

Trengove named at Full Forward in the Port Magpies League side this week (P Burgoyne named alongside him in the pocket).

Will be particularly interesting if he does indeed play up forward this week.

FF, you say? Many are discussing how promising he could be in defense, how does he stack up around the ground in general, those who have seen him ?

Looks far more comfortable in defence than up forward, but his stints in the forward line have been limited. His pinch-hitting in ruck has been ok.

Ford, your prolific posting in the Cage makes me think that there is ... perhaps ... a bit of a man crush on JT - let's hope it's not in the ILTH extremes.

Anyway - join the club!!!

Very high expectations for the great white hope from next season and many more.

Well I figured I'd save the thought for posterity in this thread, and the Port board thread was for comment.

But in the memorable (infamous?) words of Bert Newton, "Ah like the boy". ;)

JT snapshot
What was the last book that you read?
I still haven't read my school textbooks and I've obviously finished school. It would have been more than five years since I read one. I don't like reading.
JT snapshot

2nd best for magpies - from Norwood game in SANFL. Bad luck to have been dropped - as he always gives 100% when he plays - regardless of which level it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he was AA. Sounded very confident in the media. I would calling the footy show to try and get this Vic boy on and make him our J Brown.

Another guy called and likened him to M Liesley, god he was a good player, I forget about Martin sometimes. Jackson doesn't have his Shoulders yet, but playing style and natural aggression, absolutely.

I will be gutted if we lose him to GWS or a vic club, please sign him up, please

he was AA. Sounded very confident in the media. I would calling the footy show to try and get this Vic boy on and make him our J Brown.

Another guy called and likened him to M Liesley, god he was a good player, I forget about Martin sometimes. Jackson doesn't have his Shoulders yet, but playing style and natural aggression, absolutely.

I will be gutted if we lose him to GWS or a vic club, please sign him up, please

Not yet, but he will be :p

Like the way you think Rick, he could be great for us. Davenport was pretty good on the Sunday Footy show as well.

number 12 has now joined twitter see what he has to say on @jacksontrengove

love the kids work, cant wait till he has another good season and signs a long contract with the club :thumbsu:

G'day guys,

I saw what a catastrophe that thread on your main board turned into earlier, but wanted to chip in on the hypothetical trade talk.

We all know the media spin stories, but if this were to be true, would you be interested in:

Melbourne's First Pick (Most likely in the teens) and Matthew Bate

or

Our 2nd Pick and Cale Morton

for Trengove?

Cheers guys, hope he stays FWIW, you've invested so much that he owes you commitment IMO

#12 JACKSON TRENGOVE

20 / 197 / 98

231921.jpg

VOTES:
BigFooty: 69 (15th)
Port: 13 (=1st)
Macca19: 83 (3rd)
Rookie: 200 (2nd)

AFL Stats:
Games: 22
Disposals: 335
Disposal Efficiency: 80.9
Marks: 104
Contested Marks: 18
Clearances: 20
Tackles: 58
Inside50: 13
Rebound50: 46
Contested Possession: 136
Goals: 2
Goal Assists: 1
Best Players: 11

Notes:
* 6th Disposals
* 3rd Disposal Efficiency
* 3rd Marks
* 3rd Contested Marks
* 6th Tackles
* 4th Rebound 50s
* 8th Contested Possessions

Jackson continued his development in 2011, being one of only two players to play all 22 matches and finishing the season with his first club Best and Fairest award. He spent the majority of the year playing across the half back line, with some time in the ruck whilst Brogan and Lobbe were resting. In fact one of his best games of the season came when he was moved into the ruck early in the second quarter against the Crows in Round 4. The move swung the game in Port Adelaides favour as Jackson continued to win the ball and get it to our midfielders.

He played well in the backlines, either at Centre Half Back or as the 3rd tall. His ability to read the play and take a strong grab, to defend soundly and to play in any area of the ground makes him a great prospect for the future. He showed plenty of leadership in his play in 2011 and looks a mainstay in the leadership group for the future.

Whilst prone to the odd mistake and free kick in poor positions, its something that should leave his game with more experience. His signature was most sought after across the league during the season but Jackson has shown faith in the club and signed on for another two seasons.

11uyv7p.jpg

Previous History
2009 – N/A
2010 – 14th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back