S120

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
God I love this guy. By his incredibly high standards, he's not been as consistent as normal the last two years, but he's doing everything he can to lead this side through this rebuilding.

He's got a few good years left ahead of him I think. And for his sake, I hope we can put a midfield around him to help him go gracefully over the next handful of years and maybe even deep into the finals one more time.

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
God I love this guy. By his incredibly high standards, he's not been as consistent as normal the last two years, but he's doing everything he can to lead this side through this rebuilding.

He's got a few good years left ahead of him I think. And for his sake, I hope we can put a midfield around him to help him go gracefully over the next handful of years and maybe even deep into the finals one more time.

Been a star needs help to make it a few years though

Superstar swan

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Kennedy has improved on last year but imo hes still on a steep decline,winning the footy but he can no longer put the team on his back and win the contests he used to be able to

TazHawk15

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Kennedy has improved on last year but imo hes still on a steep decline,winning the footy but he can no longer put the team on his back and win the contests he used to be able to
You are right he is on the decline, but that happens to every footballer.

However what an absolute gun he has been and has carried a pretty big load for years now, also he is one of the most humble blokes you could ever meet.

I met him in his first year at a Hawthorn function and he was so polite and humble and shy.

The guy is respected by every football follower in the land. Yes it hurts that he is not a Hawk legend like his dad and grandfather but he will not only go down as a Swans champion, but as a champion of our game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WillHayward

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2018
Newcastle
AFL Club
Sydney
JPK has been epic throughout his career but is seriously on the wane.

Hewett is now our number 1 inside mid by a mile.

Id like see the coach give Hewett free rein as an attacking inside mid and send some tough nut in to be a negative mid (Mills?).

Last edited:

S120

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
JPK has been epic throughout his career but is seriously on the wane.

Hewett is now our number 1 inside mid by a mile.

Id like see the coach give Hewett free rein as an attacking inside mid and send some tough nut in to be a negative mid (Mills?).
I absolutely disagree. Kennedy easily maintains that mantle. Hewett, if given the opportunity to play exclusively as an inside mid, might get there but he still has a long way to go to take that from Kennedy.

bungee

Jack's gone to have his back, crack and sack waxed
Aug 16, 2006
South East England.
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
I follow no other, only Swans
I expressed concerns at the time of his appointment and I still think much of Kennedy's "decline" through 2017/2018 was due to juggling a sole captaincy in a very young team. This year he's found a new lease of life. He's far from done.

To paraphrase Mark Twain "Reports of his death are greatly exaggerated"

Top Bottom