S120

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
He undeniably didn't play that good a game but it's a sign of his inherent ability that he played less than 75% of game time and still won 21 touches and laid 10 tackles.

I hope he's able to adapt his body/game over the pre-season to be in better shape to improve on this year. He's not finished yet.

Bloodied52

Premium Platinum
May 24, 2017
Old South Grandstand
AFL Club
Sydney
The thing with JPK is it hard to tell whether he is injured or not. I did not see him getting treatment on the bench.

The guy is such a Spartan. It is almost as if he could bust a leg and his face would barely show a flicker beyond annoyance he could not get to the next contest.

Bloodied52

Premium Platinum
May 24, 2017
Old South Grandstand
AFL Club
Sydney
He undeniably didn't play that good a game but it's a sign of his inherent ability that he played less than 75% of game time and still won 21 touches and laid 10 tackles.

I hope he's able to adapt his body/game over the pre-season to be in better shape to improve on this year. He's not finished yet.
Aye. However I think the planning for next year may require managed game time time and missing some games.

S120

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
I think we definitely have to find a way to not play Kennedy 100% in the guts to allow Hewett, Florent, Rowbottom etc. to take more minutes.

I'd love to see Kennedy spend time training specifically as a forward over the pre-season. In the same vein as Selwood playing HB/wing in Geelong or David Mundy playing forward for Freo. It's tricky because his lack of pace, but I think he is smart enough that he could adapt to playing as a forward if given training time there. Still play like 2/3 of his gametime in the guts because we need him there, but to be able to go forward and have an impact on the game.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I think we definitely have to find a way to not play Kennedy 100% in the guts to allow Hewett, Florent, Rowbottom etc. to take more minutes.

I'd love to see Kennedy spend time training specifically as a forward over the pre-season. In the same vein as Selwood playing HB/wing in Geelong or David Mundy playing forward for Freo. It's tricky because his lack of pace, but I think he is smart enough that he could adapt to playing as a forward if given training time there. Still play like 2/3 of his gametime in the guts because we need him there, but to be able to go forward and have an impact on the game.
I don't see why we can't rotate Kennedy and to a lesser extent Parker through the forward line more often, especially when we're gifting games to players like Menzel, Rose & Jack.

Top Bottom