Past Josh P. Kennedy - King Kennedy, the contested possession king

20GWSSy19MKP204973244.jpg

Josh P Kennedy

Josh Kennedy led the Sydney Swans to back-to-back finals campaigns as the club’s sole skipper in 2017 and 2018, and has since led the team as a co-captain alongside Luke Parker and Dane Rampe. The top-class midfielder has compiled a glowing list of individual achievements since leaving Hawthorn for Sydney ahead of season 2010, collecting a 2012 premiership medal, three All Australian blazers and three Club Champion awards. Kennedy is instrumental to the Swans’ host of young midfielders learning their craft at the top level, including Oliver Florent, James Bell, James Rowbottom and Dylan Stephens. Draft history: 2006 AFL Draft 3rd round father-son selection (Hawthorn) No. 40 overall; 2009 AFL Draft traded by Hawthorn for No. 39 (Sam Grimley). Previous AFL club: (Hawthorn 2008-09: 13 games, 1 goal).

Josh Kennedy
DOB: 20 June 1988
DEBUT: 2008
DRAFT: #40, 2006 Father Son
RECRUITED FROM: East Sandr (Vic)/Xavier Coll (Vic)/Sandr U18/Hawthorn

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called Josh. It's true.

He said he couldn't live with himself if his continued presence in the midfield sent Old Unca Horace to an early grave.

I have already speccied the best unit in the retirement village for JPK.

Hope i'm wrong , but rumour is rife . Might as, as always sacrificed himself for the club
Where has this rumor started?

1630652432733.png

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Someone has to be accountable for this!

Aren't we supposed to have the best sources at the club? Were these the best sources we've got? What, they need better accuracy rumours? Better ones?
I put up a rumour , if i'm wrong so be it . But for the future it's probably a good move

Apr 3, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
i hope its just a typo and he meant sam reid

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
i hope its just a typo and he meant sam reid
Just saw this quote from Sam Edmond:

"After numerous stories of Sam Reids various misdemeanours coming to light on a sydney swans forum, Reid has decided the best course of action is to retire effective immediately and turn himself in to the police."

The police have since stated, that although quite annoying, nothing Sam has done is worthy of any further action.

Who would actually take a pay cut to keep the team together like the cats did years and teams after that?
Geelong player: I took a $300k pay cut to keep the squad together!
Geelong player: look at this $400k cotton on sponsorship I randomly picked up!

Did happen years ago ago apparently
Also wouldn't surprise me if the top guys' partners also got really good jobs places or something. I would be shocked if every club didn't try to do that tbh

Back