Past Josh P. Kennedy - King Kennedy, the contested possession king

Remove this Banner Ad

20GWSSy19MKP204973244.jpg

Josh P Kennedy

Josh Kennedy led the Sydney Swans to back-to-back finals campaigns as the club’s sole skipper in 2017 and 2018, and has since led the team as a co-captain alongside Luke Parker and Dane Rampe. The top-class midfielder has compiled a glowing list of individual achievements since leaving Hawthorn for Sydney ahead of season 2010, collecting a 2012 premiership medal, three All Australian blazers and three Club Champion awards. Kennedy is instrumental to the Swans’ host of young midfielders learning their craft at the top level, including Oliver Florent, James Bell, James Rowbottom and Dylan Stephens. Draft history: 2006 AFL Draft 3rd round father-son selection (Hawthorn) No. 40 overall; 2009 AFL Draft traded by Hawthorn for No. 39 (Sam Grimley). Previous AFL club: (Hawthorn 2008-09: 13 games, 1 goal).

Josh Kennedy
DOB: 20 June 1988
DEBUT: 2008
DRAFT: #40, 2006 Father Son
RECRUITED FROM: East Sandr (Vic)/Xavier Coll (Vic)/Sandr U18/Hawthorn

Last edited by a moderator:

I will miss you Joey 😭
You will always be my favourite Swan.
I'd love to see Joey play the last ten minutes of the GF as medi-sub, in time to ice the game with a couple more goals. Then I'd be happy to see Kennedy and even Buddy finish on a high, to ride off into the sunset, a couple of champions, content to hang up their boots after long and glorious footballing careers. They began their footy in the brown and gold but only found their true potential clad in the magnificent red and white.

I'd love to see Joey play the last ten minutes of the GF as medi-sub, in time to ice the game with a couple more goals. Then I'd be happy to see Kennedy and even Buddy finish on a high, to ride off into the sunset, a couple of champions, content to hang up their boots after long and glorious footballing careers. They began their footy in the brown and gold but only found their true potential clad in the magnificent red and white.
Rubba, that would be my absolute ultimate dream!
I think if that actually happened, for me personally it would go some way toward helping me finally move on from 2016.

Unfortunately I can't see Joey getting there though.

Rubba, that would be my absolute ultimate dream!
I think if that actually happened, for me personally it would go some way toward helping me finally move on from 2016.

Unfortunately I can't see Joey getting there though.
Me too. I think a lot of us will feel much better when 2016 is put to bed and a shiny set of premiership medals hang from the necks of our brave lads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, it's bloody sad watching him talk about his retirement. It feels as though he still has the will to go on another year or so and still thinks he can contribute. He absolutely still had hopes of featuring this year. I wonder how far off he is from playing.

I know time caught up with him over the last couple of years, I just feel like the injuries robbed him of the opportunity of finding his place in the team when things started coming together over the last 6 weeks.

Man, it's bloody sad watching him talk about his retirement. It feels as though he still has the will to go on another year or so and still thinks he can contribute. He absolutely still had hopes of featuring this year. I wonder how far off he is from playing.

I know time caught up with him over the last couple of years, I just feel like the injuries robbed him of the opportunity of finding his place in the team when things started coming together over the last 6 weeks.
I get really emotional every time I see Joey talk now.

I get really emotional every time I see Joey talk now.
It's just not the way someone like him should finish up, he should have been able to go out on his own terms.

I know this won't be a popular comparison on this board but kinda like how Bob Murphy finished - without all the accompanying Brave Bob media crapfest.

It's just not the way someone like him should finish up, he should have been able to go out on his own terms.

I know this won't be a popular comparison on this board but kinda like how Bob Murphy finished - without all the accompanying Brave Bob media crapfest.

If it pans out the same way, I am here for it.

Question is, if he was right for the GF, would it be worth risking him as the super sub? Given he may go down with injury.

I'd say yes, but not sure many would agree.

I’d say yes if he had gotten through x amount of training and testing prior. He’d want to be training now though which I’m not sure he is. The reserves bowing out was potentially his last chance sadly.

Question is, if he was right for the GF, would it be worth risking him as the super sub? Given he may go down with injury.

I'd say yes, but not sure many would agree.
I would say if our sub is going down with an injury then we're probably already in trouble lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back