Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of Lenny Hayes too.

His sidestep was awesome.

Only issue is that he tries the side step every time- needs to be more selective with it

Had a great first half of the season but got found out when he started copping the tag.
With a new coach and gameplan it should all work itself out.

Wrapped to see him win the time trial...
This kid is deadset star. He will be discussed as AA next year if he can stay injury free.
He has all the tricks & is as tough as they come! I’m bloody excited to see what he can produce next season!
Cunners, Jy & LDU centre square combo is a mouth watering proposition 🤤
They should compliment each other beautifully!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is how most of our players should look. Hopefully the likes of perez and Jy set the template for actual gym work
After seeing KH last week, I'll add him in to. Lean but solid as hell.
I don't know about you guys, but I suck in the guts everytime I see him.

Wrapped to see him win the time trial...
This kid is deadset star. He will be discussed as AA next year if he can stay injury free.
He has all the tricks & is as tough as they come! I’m bloody excited to see what he can produce next season!
Cunners, Jy & LDU centre square combo is a mouth watering proposition 🤤
They should compliment each other beautifully!!!!

Has come back in ripper condition and, looks to have put on muscle AND improved endurance! Those blokes on AFL fantasy webcast talking him up as potentially the best player in the comp...... tell you what, I reckon there'll be just as much excitement about LDU in a years time if not before. I'm really excited to see what this bunch of kids can do this year, we of course have high expectations of Jy, Jaidyn, and LDU...... But we could see massive gains from TT, Curtis (again), Bailey, Bonar, Will Walker, Perez, Mahony, and I have a really good feeling about Atu and Young as well. Young in particular I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in and play every game. Hopefully Hall, Garner, Turner and Tyson can be fit......they're playing for their careers and there is going to be obvious competition from the youngsters for best 22 spots.

Has come back in ripper condition and, looks to have put on muscle AND improved endurance! Those blokes on AFL fantasy webcast talking him up as potentially the best player in the comp...... tell you what, I reckon there'll be just as much excitement about LDU in a years time if not before. I'm really excited to see what this bunch of kids can do this year, we of course have high expectations of Jy, Jaidyn, and LDU...... But we could see massive gains from TT, Curtis (again), Bailey, Bonar, Will Walker, Perez, Mahony, and I have a really good feeling about Atu and Young as well. Young in particular I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in and play every game. Hopefully Hall, Garner, Turner and Tyson can be fit......they're playing for their careers and there is going to be obvious competition from the youngsters for best 22 spots.

He's no bigger than he was mid-year. He's leaned down a touch but sounds like he has improved his endurance tremendously. Seriously awesome stuff to come back from time off in top condition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back