Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

oh well. makes sense if it was voted by fans.

forgive me if im wrong but i think a lot of people have forgotten or did not realise how good he was early in the season. for a decent stretch there he was legitimately one of the best players in the comp. i think he was rated the 2nd best midfielder behind neale by champion data.

his form definitely dropped off after the game when he injured his foot, though i dont know if we can attribute it entirely to that. it was a big year.

he has shown what his ceiling is.

Last edited:
oh well. makes sense if it was voted by fans.

forgive me if im wrong but i think a lot of people have forgotten or did not realise how good he was early in the season. for a decent stretch there he was legitimately one of the best players in the comp. i think he was rated the 2nd best midfielder behind neale by champion data.

his form definitely dropped off after the game when he injured his foot, though i dont know if we can attribute it entirely to that. it was a big year.

he has shown what his ceiling is.
He was in AA form for the first six weeks.

To be fair Snake the people that vote on this only watch free to air games, oh thats right we don't get those. I miss the nineties when we had prime time every week until the other teams realized it was a good idea.

To be fair Snake the people that vote on this only watch free to air games, oh thats right we don't get those. I miss the nineties when we had prime time every week until the other teams realized it was a good idea.

Just reinforcing that the general AFL public are cretins.

It's no wonder the media is the way it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only that, Davies-Uniacke tracking nicely too.

He's the bolter if his training track fitness numbers are up at the start of next season.

He's a real eye catcher.

I have him arriving as a ~22-24 disposal, ~4+ clearance, 80%+ GT midfielder by the middle of next season, and then the curve steadily climbs.

It's all about the TOG with Luke.

He's the bolter if his training track fitness numbers are up at the start of next season.

He's a real eye catcher.

I have him arriving as a ~22-24 disposal, ~4+ clearance, 80%+ GT midfielder by the middle of next season, and then the curve steadily climbs.

I agree. Coming off an injury with the nature of his and looking as smooth as he did....

Yummy.

He's a real eye catcher.

First pick in your supercoach team Snake?

We couldn't even win that ffs.

It's no accident that the other 4 are elite competitors.

I hope our blokes hold the top 5 spots next year. Surely a wealthy benefactor could step forward and sling them a tip?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back