Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought his frame would be challenged by the role, but genuinely flourishing. Elite.
I reckon he would be one of those guys that would be a lot stronger than he looks from afar. You see close ups of him in photo or video and he's pretty ******* stocked these days.

Thought his frame would be challenged by the role, but genuinely flourishing. Elite.

He's a hard little bastard and is light enough to bounce off contact and balanced enough to keep going when he does

I reckon he would be one of those guys that would be a lot stronger than he looks from afar. You see close ups of him in photo or video and he's pretty ******* stocked these days.

I remember photos from just after he was drafted and he looked pretty solid. Have never thought he was that lightweight tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had his own footy today.
Shifter Sheehan would be wrapped with his development.
Paul Roos was right on him and will definitely give him a wrap tomorrow night on OTC.

This isn’t a crack at Brad as hes gone now so we move since it’s been done to death ad nauseam, however a poster said that Jy is/was an inside mid and that’s his best position. Not a half forward or small forward at all. At all.
Might have been nn or rf8 who said it.
Quite possibly Brads biggest failing was that he didn’t play Jy on the inside. I never saw this level of footy coming even when he was drafted.

Last edited:
Yup.
galshir-click-lemonade.gif

Imagine him next week

Imagine all the people.......who’ll be made to look like fools as he crashes through them or dances around them in the future.

Another savvy selection off the back of a ruined year due to injury.

The kid’s a gun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back