Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin -

ferball

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Came to us straight off a badly broken leg non?
That's right.

He's probably just getting back to where he'd have been without an interrupted year 12 full of footy.

Re him being second receiver tho ... somewhere there is a gif from earlier this year where Goldy taps it, Jy sharks the ball steps, opens up space and then hits Higgo with a Cunnington like handball into what you wouldn't call space - more the only 30 cm area that could possibly have worked. Higgo breaks clear and I'm not sure the result but it was probably a beautiful goal from someone.

It was an amazing piece of play and if he's gonna do that when he wins his own ball then he must be given the opportunity to imo. At least some of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brendan Whitecross spoke glowingly about Jy when asked on radio today who he thought was set for a big year.

Also mentioned Mason & Jed.

Strap yourselves in folks.
Becoming a bit of a theme for Mason. Let's see if he can consistently turn it on during the season

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting Freudian slip to almost type "attractive" there.

Jy's rig obviously working its charms.
Hahaha, nah, a mate in Scotland once said it describing a soccer player - "We need another classy attackive midfielder".

We all laughed and he stuck up for it, asking why there could be defensive players, but not attackive.

I've used it ever since.

marklovesbeer

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SAFC•Heat•Yankees•Cowboys•Chelsea
Hahaha, nah, a mate in Scotland once said it describing a soccer player - "We need another classy attackive midfielder".

We all laughed and he stuck up for it, asking why there could be defensive players, but not attackive.

I've used it ever since.
Defensing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom