Gasometer

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Jeepers I remember getting howled down in the Autopsy thread after Good Friday because I wanted him dropped to get confidence

Unfortunately that thread is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean

He has been a confidence player since a kid. He never lost the talent. He lost confidence.

Look how the two are mixing now

Good on him!

Katamatite West rejoices

Soft Downhill Skier

2008-2010 wasn't me.
Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
I certainly put my hand up as one of those who thought he was a small forward and not a full time mid.

Clearly I was wrong.
Same. I can see it with LDU and Thomas and others, but I didn’t see a thing with Jy.

I was wrong. Snake baker told me and I ignored. I throw myself on the mercy of his court.

the big lebowski

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Same. I can see it with LDU and Thomas and others, but I didn’t see a thing with Jy.

I was wrong. Snake baker told me and I ignored. I throw myself on the mercy of his court.
Ohhhhh I saw Jy’s talent, and didn’t have a doubt he’d be a good long term player. His lateral movement and tricks were too good to ignore. I just didn’t think he’d make it as an inside mid and also to be honest, didn’t think we’d need him given we were stocked in that area.

The acquisition of Tyson furthered this thought process for me and when I went and watched all the practice matches earlier in the year I was hoping I’d see him playing as a small forward.

Anyway, as they said on the couch after the Richmond win, there’s no doubt he’s an inside mid now. And he’s only got better since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mordecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
I am here.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I hope we nail the next few years trade and draft wise because this bloke is absolute cream. He would be great to in any premiership tilt. He's brimming with confidence as they say. Pleasure watching him at the moment.

Conundrum

Debutant
Jul 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With 50 games sample size now, I reckon we got the better player, was disappointed at the time when Florent got taken by Sydney before our pick

chairo

Rookie
Dec 22, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember thinking Anderson was not really that good... when played as a pressure/defensive small forward. I couldn't understand why we're drafted him.

Déjà vu Simpkin.

How stupid am I for making the same mistake twice?

Jesslc

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m calling bulls**t on this. Mainly because I can’t be bothered sifting through 140 pages to find a credible poster calling him a dud. I remember people questioning his ability to kick 50 meters, I remember people questioning his professionalism when he had the incident with the scooter.

I honestly can’t remember a single decent poster calling him a bust.
2 minute search.

Top Bottom