Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

He's more of a link midfielder, so it's no surprise his last 6 weeks since the bye has mimicked the improvement in Cunnington, LDU, Thomas etc.

Seems to have improved his ball use ALOT since the start of the year. Might be a reflection of what Zurhaar said in regards to the training standards going through the roof, as he was one of the chief villains with regards to turnovers for the first half of the season.

Averaging since the bye:

30 Disp.
4.5 tackles
5 Clearances
118 Ranking points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Professional.

A 23 year old playing like a seasoned late 20's professional footballer and second fiddle only to probably the best North Melbourne midfielder this century. This is the kind of player that Premierships are built around.

Absolute professional. A lot of time for him.

You don’t think he’s been consistent? He’s been one of most consistent imo. I’ll be shocked if he’s not top 5 in our bnf.
I agree. It's more consistency of big games I guess. Ive posted this before, but his big games are ******* monstrous and I reckon he's capable of them on a more regular basis. But he's definitely improved his consistency this year, which was always going to come with experience. Only one game under 20 touches this year. Although 6 with 24 or less.

Another big preseason and I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2022 from Jy like we are currently witnessing from Darcy Parish.

He's just getting better and better.

Good chance to get a week for that trip on Devon Smith. Very stupid from Jyza

Remove this Banner Ad

Back