Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Hi all (for those that haven't seen the thread),

Some here will be aware of some "cross-pollination" with another team forum yesterday and while some rectification has been made we've been asked by the powers that be to again remind posters of their responsibilities when posting elsewhere. Each board has its own methods and tolerances on BigFooty however these all revolve around the rules of the forum (Terms and rules).

The fact is when incidences like these come up there is no onus on opposition posters to agree, some may taunt and troll but they have the safety of their own forum to do that. When we head that way to fight them there is no protection and no security for your own posting. You post there at your own risk, just like they do on the North board.

This is not to say that all posting on opposition forums by their posters is acceptable. If you see something that you think is against the rules of the website then please report it and don't respond on their forum. If you wish to escalate something then there are avenues to achieve this as well, in the link above.

The North Melbourne BigFooty board is as tribal as it gets. It's not been a pretty few years but as things start to look positive it's best we all enjoy this together and don't drop silly numbers by fighting the wrong way.

Cheers

The Filth Wizard Twinkletoes King Corey Flawed Genius

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LDU is back.

If Jack stays in the middle, and Jy is sent to rot (again) on a flank, Brad has to go.

I know Jack had a good game, but at best he can rotate in, Jy's form in the midfield has been much much more impressive and damaging from a game perspective.

Needs to be LDU & Jy in the centre bounce.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I know Jack had a good game, but at best he can rotate in, Jy's form in the midfield has been much much more impressive and damaging from a game perspective.

Needs to be LDU & Jy in the centre bounce.

DYK that at te last centre bounce it was TT in there?

susurrar

All Australian
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
last 5 weeks since his move to the midfield...:
21 disposals, 10.4 contested possessions, 3.4 clearances, 0.8 goals per game in only 70% game time.

i stand by my old posts in here. this guy is going to be an elite inside mid, a complete mid in fact. he is one of the most talented footballers in the league. i take great pleasure in watching him play.

susurrar

All Australian
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i liked it when he dummied that bloke on the mark on the half back flank then casually dropped a left hand bounce as he ran away. i get a kick out of small moments like that regardless of what ever else is happening in the game.

hes also more dangerous around goal as a mid without a lockdown small defender on him. got to good spots a lot and could have kicked a few more.

Back