Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Hi all (for those that haven't seen the thread),

Some here will be aware of some "cross-pollination" with another team forum yesterday and while some rectification has been made we've been asked by the powers that be to again remind posters of their responsibilities when posting elsewhere. Each board has its own methods and tolerances on BigFooty however these all revolve around the rules of the forum (Terms and rules).

The fact is when incidences like these come up there is no onus on opposition posters to agree, some may taunt and troll but they have the safety of their own forum to do that. When we head that way to fight them there is no protection and no security for your own posting. You post there at your own risk, just like they do on the North board.

This is not to say that all posting on opposition forums by their posters is acceptable. If you see something that you think is against the rules of the website then please report it and don't respond on their forum. If you wish to escalate something then there are avenues to achieve this as well, in the link above.

The North Melbourne BigFooty board is as tribal as it gets. It's not been a pretty few years but as things start to look positive it's best we all enjoy this together and don't drop silly numbers by fighting the wrong way.

Cheers

The Filth Wizard Twinkletoes King Corey Flawed Genius

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Jeepers I remember getting howled down in the Autopsy thread after Good Friday because I wanted him dropped to get confidence

Unfortunately that thread is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean

He has been a confidence player since a kid. He never lost the talent. He lost confidence.

Look how the two are mixing now

Good on him!

Katamatite West rejoices

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
I certainly put my hand up as one of those who thought he was a small forward and not a full time mid.

Clearly I was wrong.

Same. I can see it with LDU and Thomas and others, but I didn’t see a thing with Jy.

I was wrong. Snake baker told me and I ignored. I throw myself on the mercy of his court.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Same. I can see it with LDU and Thomas and others, but I didn’t see a thing with Jy.

I was wrong. Snake baker told me and I ignored. I throw myself on the mercy of his court.

Ohhhhh I saw Jy’s talent, and didn’t have a doubt he’d be a good long term player. His lateral movement and tricks were too good to ignore. I just didn’t think he’d make it as an inside mid and also to be honest, didn’t think we’d need him given we were stocked in that area.

The acquisition of Tyson furthered this thought process for me and when I went and watched all the practice matches earlier in the year I was hoping I’d see him playing as a small forward.

Anyway, as they said on the couch after the Richmond win, there’s no doubt he’s an inside mid now. And he’s only got better since.

This kid will be a star. Has tricks and is hard as a cat's head.
I don't think Jy is busting a nut in the JLT, He's saving it for the real stuff. He's that type.

From the start of the year after JLT. This blokes a good judge. Lollipop time

I hope we nail the next few years trade and draft wise because this bloke is absolute cream. He would be great to in any premiership tilt. He's brimming with confidence as they say. Pleasure watching him at the moment.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
confession-731x1024.jpg

All in here.

Maddocks44

Debutant
May 18, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not eligible for rising star nom I'm assuming? He'd be an absolute certainty this week I'd have thought.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Conundrum

All Australian
Jul 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With 50 games sample size now, I reckon we got the better player, was disappointed at the time when Florent got taken by Sydney before our pick

chairo

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember thinking Anderson was not really that good... when played as a pressure/defensive small forward. I couldn't understand why we're drafted him.

Déjà vu Simpkin.

How stupid am I for making the same mistake twice?

Jesslc

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m calling bulls**t on this. Mainly because I can’t be bothered sifting through 140 pages to find a credible poster calling him a dud. I remember people questioning his ability to kick 50 meters, I remember people questioning his professionalism when he had the incident with the scooter.

I honestly can’t remember a single decent poster calling him a bust.
2 minute search.

Back