Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Saying this for the third time. Trust any North person that dislikes LT as far as I can throw em. For the second time: I can't even see you as a fellow supporter, you miss the point, you just wear the colours.
Hope he sees this opportunity if Wells is gone as well as and Harvey to become our play maker. Hit pre-season hard, get miles in the legs, look at Eddy and Cyril's years and go why the **** not me, why **** not at North.
Hope he kicks 60.
He could kick 60 and still miss AA because Wingard kicks 32.

His speech was the most emotional part of the night for mine. I felt like wandering around the tables to weed out and punch every gutless prick there who'd spoken ill of this heart and soul bloke over the years. F*** 'em all LT!

I'm doing an aggressive reset of my own in 2017, promising to make life hell for any keyboard hero here who attacks this bloke incessantly. You can take that to the bank!

I'll be into that. The way he gets written off round here shits me to tears.

I'll be into that. The way he gets written off round here shits me to tears.

They'll miss him when LT isn't around to kick our goals. It's not like we're brimming with small goal kickers.

It looks like LT is pursuing a coaching career after his playing time is up.

GEELONG premiership star Harry Taylor has taken his first step towards a potential coaching career when his playing days are over, joining the 2017 intake of the Next Coach program.

Taylor will be joined in this year's course by Richmond ruckman Ivan Maric, North Melbourne forward Lindsay Thomas and Fremantle rookie Brady Grey.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-25/geelongs-taylor-eyes-a-future-in-coaching

Didn't see that coming. Good luck to him, not much aboriginal representation among AFL coaches.
There hasn't been an indigenous VFL/AFL headcoach since Barry Cable.

Polly Farmer before him also.

There hasn't been an indigenous VFL/AFL headcoach since Barry Cable.

Polly Farmer before him also.

Mark "Chocko" Williams has Indigenous blood in him to some degree. At least I thought he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to think that as well, but he's actually of Jamaican heritage.

Bloody hell, can't a brother drop some knowledge without getting beaten to the punch?

It's the fact marklovesbeer is chock full of post shift adrenaline. You can't compete with that!

Interesting re Williams. It helps explain why he answered the way he did once when I asked him "Where's your bin?"

He replied: "I's a been in town, where's a you been?"

It's the fact marklovesbeer is chock full of post shift adrenaline. You can't compete with that!

Interesting re Williams. It helps explain why he answered the way he did once when I asked him "Where's your bin?"

He replied: "I's a been in town, where's a you been?"

Haha. Had just finished a 13 hour shift 10 minutes prior to jumping on Big Footy on the way home.

Add the Ox to the s**t list, was listening to SEN last year and someone enquired into LT's trade value. Ox suggested a round 5 draft pick!! Once I regained control of my vehicle I changed the station on the wireless and have never gone back.

Has been my favourite NMFC footballer since the hanger in a preseason match coupled with his 0.5 return in his first game for us.

A well deserved award and LT is NMFC. We'd have won a flag over the last few years if collectively our list had LT's attitude. IMO of course.

Loved what he brought to the contest today, setting the standard for pressure acts from the first minute. He's looking as fit as he has in ages and appears set for a bloody big year. Loved when he nailed that final goal from the dead pocket. It was a real "FU" to the doubters.

If he can bring the same hunger (looks like he hasn't eaten for a while, maybe that's why), energy and mindset that he's showed so far in the Fosters Cup to the season proper he could have an absolute blinder of a year.

Hasn't tried to shrug the shoulders, hasn't worried about the umpires, has just attacked the footy flat out and tried to put his team mates in a better position. He's the man.

If he can bring the same hunger (looks like he hasn't eaten for a while, maybe that's why), energy and mindset that he's showed so far in the Fosters Cup to the season proper he could have an absolute blinder of a year.

Hasn't tried to shrug the shoulders, hasn't worried about the umpires, has just attacked the footy flat out and tried to put his team mates in a better position. He's the man.
Playing up the ground, he hasn't got time for that s**t anymore. He needs to be on his game which he has been.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Playing up the ground, he hasn't got time for that s**t anymore. He needs to be on his game which he has been.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Yeah, fair call. Whatever the reason though, me likey.

I'm not surprised that he might be looking at coaching once his playing days are done.

It gets overlooked by people excessively focusing on the 'ducking' and staging, but his pure footy knowledge in terms of reading the game, the flight of the ball and knowing where to be to impact contests borders on genius levels. He's such a bloody smart footballer and I love that he looks to be playing further up the ground this season. His vision is excellent and he's such a lovely field kick. He will fill the Wells void well imo.

Apparently according to Gus Macleod on SEN that Lindsay Thomas gets a lot of cheap goals and doesnt work for his goals like other small forwards in thje comp and that this year will most likely be his last year given the direction of the way North are heading.

Not sure if it makes me laugh or get angry. I think the former since he is a nobody.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back