Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

A champion bloke and champion footballer. Silenced the filth. Then silenced the flog commentators. This was the night that LT won the battle against the haters.

So spot on. He forced them to give him the Tissot because of his performance and that gave him a chance to show the legend character that we all know and love but almost no one else saw coming.

We defend him, but we don't need to. He defends himself with his actions and his words. An absolute credit to the bloke he is.

I have put in a number of spirited defences of LT in the recent and not so recent past, but the way he continues to conduct himself and the way he played tonight says more than I ever could.

So proud that this bloke plays for our great club. He has 'Shinboner' tattooed on his soul. Love ya Linds, don't ever forget that the people who matter are right behind you.

Those of us who've missed the interview really do need to see it.
Website struggled to show the 1st half of the 1st qtr.....so they compensated by showing the after the game stuff interviews etc. So i was lucky enough to see it 1st hand. (so to speak)

Sure, he gets under the skin of opposition players and supporters but what I'm astounded is when people question his love for the club, and he'll be shipped off to Adelaide next year. Its very obvious he loves Nth Melb Fc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even Committee was impressed with how well spoken he is.
Dennis admitted that he hadn't really heard him speak at all and didn't know who he really was as a person. His whole outlook about a person he has watched play the game for over a decade has been changed in five minutes. You couldn't help but be impressed

Even Committee was impressed with how well spoken he is.

I noticed that. You could hear the "Well haven't I been a right campaigner" in his voice.

Lindsay has some real quality about himself. The way he presented himself spoke volumes about this whole debacle. Its great that he is such a leader, and he has played some great footy this year. Since that slow start he has lifted and at times kept us in it on the forward line the way Tarrant has on the backline. (Possibly hasn't played as well as Tarrant but not many in the entire league have.) And under enormous pressure. I'm sure Lindsay's Uncle would have been proud of the way he has held it together in the last 2 months.

It sucks when loved ones die. I hope he and his family find what comfort they can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back