Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

I could well imagine his family saying "Play, your uncle would have wanted you to."

Yeah, for sure. And ultimately he would have probably wanted to as well. If you are a footy player its probably the best way to pay tribute to someone. But times like that are also times to be around your loved ones just hanging out and providing whatever you can and sharing your grief with people who feel the same way. Where nothing needs to be said.

Great game tho. Wasn't at his best last week (maybe the loss was a bit rawer) and came back strongly this week. It was fitting that he played his best game, kicked his highest score for the year and was if not the best, among the best on the ground.

Anyone else get emotional watching this interview?

Extremely proud of the way Lindsay's responded with actions to the cowards in the media who picked their mark and dragged his name through the mud. His best is yet to come.

Great interview. Loved how he made Cometti more or less apologise for getting it all wrong about LT. Also thought it was generous how LT didn't slam the Pies supporters for booing him but simply called them "passionate". A humble and genuinely nice person.

shniko11

Beneath the blue and white
Nov 6, 2015
Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To all those Non North supporters(Magpies especially) who bagged L.T on SEN last night and wasted ur 2cnts worth. I hope u watched his interview and realise he lost a family member.
The bar has been raised.. :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Anyone else get emotional watching this interview?

Extremely proud of the way Lindsay's responded with actions to the cowards in the media who picked their mark and dragged his name through the mud. His best is yet to come.

Not only that continued to conduct himself with dignity and put on a clinic - I don't give a * about anybody else he is ours and we love him so GAGF!!!!

Oct 7, 2009
The Y Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wonder why no black armbands worn by the boys for Lindsay last night ?
Everybody deals with loss in different ways, maybe he just wanted it to be a low key personal thing, paying tribute in the best way possible, by ripping Collingwood a new one. The interview merely gave him the opportunity to pay tribute to his uncle.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To lose someone and then go out and do it for the club is absolutely legendary. Shinboner through and through. Well done LT. You have done so much for the club. That interview brought me to tears.

BTW, Derm can GAGF along with every other flog who has crucified him for his 'ducking'.

I'm looking forward to being an old bastard at games and seeing LT there bouncing his grandkids on his knee and holding court as the heart and soul of the club for 40 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the_one

Team Captain
Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With mason signing on, Lindsay has slipped under the radar. Absolutely rapt that we will see Lindsay in the blue and white until atleast 2018. Heart and soul of the club.

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
I've said it before and I'll say it again. LT is my all time fave SHINBONER! He is heart and soul Blue and White and we are so bloody lucky to have him wearing the jumper with so much passion every single week. The doubters, the critics, the haters, the racists can all GAGF! We love you LT, and we always bloody will!

legend....Favourite player by a mile......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 8
Nov 7, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've said it before and I'll say it again. LT is my all time fave SHINBONER! He is heart and soul Blue and White and we are so bloody lucky to have him wearing the jumper with so much passion every single week. The doubters, the critics, the haters, the racists can all GAGF! We love you LT, and we always bloody will!

great post philly, we've had a few haters on this board who have taken every opportunity to call for his dropping, trading and de-listing.

jacko57

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My favourite LT moment : a game at Docklands where we beat the Cats for the first time in a few years, a loose ball in the centre of the ground, Lindsay at Andrew ('do we get 4 points for beating this mob?') Mackie coming from opposite directions. With eyes only for the ball, Boof got there first, copped a hit from Mackie but gave Mackie an even bigger (and legal) hit, while fisting the ball forward for a team-mate to goal. Sweet.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
My favourite LT moment : a game at Docklands where we beat the Cats for the first time in a few years, a loose ball in the centre of the ground, Lindsay at Andrew ('do we get 4 points for beating this mob?') Mackie coming from opposite directions. With eyes only for the ball, Boof got there first, copped a hit from Mackie but gave Mackie an even bigger (and legal) hit, while fisting the ball forward for a team-mate to goal. Sweet.

His 7 goal game against Carlton.

Sensational.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back