Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night was the first time my Collingwood partner felt able to discuss anything about Friday night. Lifetime football goer and said the booing at LT was as bad as Goodes - so vitriolic for so little reason - and the AFL should step in.

I don't think he should have to put up with that crap either, but I don't know what the answer is - and it's a reminder of how tough he is. He never complains, he just gets on with it. (No criticism of Goodes for calling it out either - it's his right - but it is awful behaviour and LT is handling it differently.) After all he has been put through with crowds, commentators and umpires (here is my $80,000 cheque), and being so close to his family, he would have been perfectly justified in heading home to SA, but he chose to stay. It's testament to his guts and to the bonds he has at North.

The guy says his team mates are like brothers.

He is a heart and soul player, it beggars belief that supporters of the club do not support him.
If the collective 22 that run out every week had his mental toughness we'd be incredibly hard to beat always.

He really is a shinboner.

Thrilled to bits about Lindsay signing for another 2 years. We often talk about what Boomer brings to the young kids in the team through his professionalism, but LT's spirit and commitment must be incredibly inspiring too.

As for the booing, his ability to rise above it rather than calling it out is testament to his character. Let 'em boo and fire him up. Lindsay has the last laugh.

Last edited:
I noticed that. You could hear the "Well haven't I been a right campaigner" in his voice.

Lindsay has some real quality about himself. The way he presented himself spoke volumes about this whole debacle. Its great that he is such a leader, and he has played some great footy this year. Since that slow start he has lifted and at times kept us in it on the forward line the way Tarrant has on the backline. (Possibly hasn't played as well as Tarrant but not many in the entire league have.) And under enormous pressure. I'm sure Lindsay's Uncle would have been proud of the way he has held it together in the last 2 months.

It sucks when loved ones die. I hope he and his family find what comfort they can.
Well said Ferb.Exactly my thoughts but much more eloquently put.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. LT is my all time fave SHINBONER! He is heart and soul Blue and White and we are so bloody lucky to have him wearing the jumper with so much passion every single week. The doubters, the critics, the haters, the racists can all GAGF! We love you LT, and we always bloody will!
Have you broken the news to JMac?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. LT is my all time fave SHINBONER! He is heart and soul Blue and White and we are so bloody lucky to have him wearing the jumper with so much passion every single week. The doubters, the critics, the haters, the racists can all GAGF! We love you LT, and we always bloody will!
So true. And there is also the point that anyone who thinks he's not a brilliant player either doesn't watch the game or knows F all about the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how did you turn out so level headed ferball?

She's alright.

She told me she was actually going for North on Friday night. I went for North and my little bro did too, I assume cos I did. So given our season and what it means to us she would rather we got the win. I dunno if I could do that. I'm brainwashing my kids to love the Roos so I never have to.:D

Dunno about level headed either but thanks.

Lindsay trolled the AFL tonight, hand off goal to Boomer for his milestone game, they've hounded the bloke almost out of the game and then he comes out and does that, North are a dead cert for the flag, even the umps were clapping Boomer off the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back