Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll never forget the game he kicked 7.5 against Carlton.
Easily could have kicked 10.
One of the best games by a small forward I can think of; not being biased.

Geeze he was a good player.
I've seen the following individual performances over the years:
  • Barry Cable humiliating Leigh Matthews with 38 touches (easily worth 45+ these days) in the '77 Prelim
  • A 32 year old Schimma running himself into the ground in the comeback win against Carlton in the '85 Elimination Final (made famous by the "required effort" post match photo)
  • Horse kicking 14 against the GoDees in '90
  • Carey kicking 11 against the GoDees in '96
  • Carey kicking 6 on one leg in the '94 Prelim
LT's effort that night against Carlton sits just below each of the above. He was unstoppable.

Someone with skills show guy footage of the Selwoods and LT ducking then listen to the difference in commentary
Was downright character assassination
Slight tangent, but I've always disliked Joel Selwood and it was only recently I realised it was because of this. Something that isn't even his fault. Felt like a goose when I understood it was just misplaced frustration at the unfairness of LT's comparative treatment.

I've seen the following individual performances over the years:
  • Barry Cable humiliating Leigh Matthews with 38 touches (easily worth 45+ these days) in the '77 Prelim
  • A 32 year old Schimma running himself into the ground in the comeback win against Carlton in the '85 Elimination Final (made famous by the "required effort" post match photo)
  • Horse kicking 14 against the GoDees in '90
  • Carey kicking 11 against the GoDees in '96
  • Carey kicking 6 on one leg in the '94 Prelim
LT's effort that night against Carlton sits just below each of the above. He was unstoppable.
Where's Hale at the Cattery?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back