Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

ShiNoBi

Team Captain
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
before only north supporters rated you.
now no one rates you at all.
just stay away before you get BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
With Thomas, I always thought the good outweighed the bad, even at times throughout the first 4 rounds of this season.

But that was not the case tonight. He was really poor. Would be staggering from Scott if he drops Hrovat instead of Thomas next week.

tommy_g

Debutant
May 26, 2013
Caulfield, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With Thomas, I always thought the good outweighed the bad, even at times throughout the first 4 rounds of this season.

But that was not the case tonight. He was really poor. Would be staggering from Scott if he drops Hrovat instead of Thomas next week.

Couldn't agree more. This was the first time in a long time I've felt this way about him. He was awful from the first bounce. There were patches in the game where he tried to will himself into it. But he was so undisciplined with his tackling and then, he fumbled. That's what really shits me.

Needs to go back to 2's. Find some form. We give someone else a go. If he's playing well and the other player isn't. Then he can have another chance.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Woeful and frustrating game from him tonight. I don't like potting our players but it would be to the team's and his benefit if he was left out of the team for a while.
What's with the lack of hyperbole?

Agreed; badly out of form and on that basis shouldn't be selected next week. Don't think he's cooked though.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What's with the lack of hyperbole?

Agreed; badly out of form and on that basis shouldn't be selected next week. Don't think he's cooked though.

Thomas has been cooked for awhile. And I can name the exact moment. Sydney vs North last year at the SCG.

Got 2 goals from high free kicks that he drew himself. Under the glare of a Friday night telecast he was called out for it. Post this he has lost the only real consistent string to his bow, the ability to win a free kick. Once that got taken away from him he has faded away to the point that even the genuinely good things he did on the football field, albeit very inconsistently, are now basically none existent.

In fact the only thing he does regularly now is try and duck out the back, fly for hangers (especially when he should stay down), and give away free kicks.

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thomas has been cooked for awhile. And I can name the exact moment. Sydney vs North last year at the SCG.

Got 2 goals from high free kicks that he drew himself. Under the glare of a Friday night telecast he was called out for it. Post this he has lost the only real consistent string to his bow, the ability to win a free kick. Once that got taken away from him he has faded away to the point that even the genuinely good things he did on the football field, albeit very inconsistently, are now basically none existent.

In fact the only thing he does regularly now is try and duck out the back, fly for hangers (especially when he should stay down), and give away free kicks.

Then in the first stayed down when he should have gone and Spurr marks in a 2v1. Just so devoid of any confidence ATM.

Terrible game tonight in what's been an underwhelming year for him thus far.

Back to Werribee he goes and he shouldn't return for a few weeks, unless he brains 'em kicking cricket scores and dominating.

Poor form with now zero confidence is not a good mix.

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Terrible game tonight in what's been an underwhelming year for him thus far.

Back to Werribee he goes and he shouldn't return for a few weeks, unless he brains 'em kicking cricket scores and dominating.

Poor form with now zero confidence is not a good mix.

Cannot agree more

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

and 50 meter penalties

Alpine17

Senior List
Apr 11, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brad Scott has said he only plays players on form, well Lindsay has no form by your on admission Brad so drop him now.

salamander

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
3 frees against too

Had some bad luck with the umps

But there's no way he belongs out there atm

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I counted 4 frees against including a 50m penalty.

At 3/4 time he had more frees against him than he had possessions! 6 touches all night the lowest of any player on the ground and I heard it mentioned that he hasn't scored a goal in his last 4 games.

He's been gifted games in the hope that he can turn things around and it clearly hasn't worked he needs to find form and confidence in the VFL.

CityRoos

Rookie
Aug 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City, Centrals, Melb City FC
reward someone who deserves a game. I thought freo got 2 goals from LT's lack of forward pressure. one he pushed the player in the goalsquare which help the players kicking accuracy. if he'd grabbed or tried to tackle it may not have allowed them to go coast to coast.

TruRoos7

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Same with Spitta, needs to be dropped, but Scott won't drop them both so we will end up carrying one or both until Brad has his next operation and crocks takes over again..

Back