Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately for ultimate confidence players such as Lindsay, when things go wrong they go awfully awfully wrong. Think Mitchell Johnson when he went off the boil. I still think he has the pace to get back to playing good footy but if he lines up next week over guys like Anderson, rat and Clarke then ive lost faith in this rebuild.

He's a champion of the club begging to be dropped and have the pressure taken off him at Werribee
I agree. Scott said that he is probably trying too hard. If so go back to the VFL and get himself up to speed there

He's a champion of the club begging to be dropped and have the pressure taken off him at Werribee

Don't want to sh1t stir,

But come on, how can you call him a champion. Are you being sarcastic ?

I can recall just as many pathetic games he has played as good ones....

Lindsay Thomas says he "loves the jumper", but then proceeds to wipe his @ss with it.

Look at the last 2 weeks.

He needs a spell. I think he needs to be in a good side. He and Atley are two that could be moved on at the end of the year.

Love the guy but he needs a spell.
Lindsay had a shocker but he would still have been bleeding over the missed opportunities the week before - it would have run through his mind all week.

The problem for Lindsay will be that if has a spell he may not get back in - Jed, Clarkey, Wags et al may well go past him. We can only play so many of that type.

always been a big fan but may be time to hang up the boots for me if we cant find him another spot.
from 25 meters out the posts must look 6 inches apart. The mental battle has been lost and as such
needs to be removed from that area. at 0-5 its the perfect chance to drop the baggage players and go with the youth
with low expectations this year im surprised how good our kids are we just need to keep backing them.

Don't want to sh1t stir,

But come on, how can you call him a champion. Are you being sarcastic ?

I can recall just as many pathetic games he has played as good ones....

Lindsay Thomas says he "loves the jumper", but then proceeds to wipe his @ss with it.

Look at the last 2 weeks.

It's always easier to remember his bad form then his best.

I am putting just as much Blame on our coach for not being aware of his mental state

(Log in to remove this ad.)

too often playing for free kicks, looking for easy kicks, low on confidence even when he has the ball instead of playing on instincts he actually runs into the opposition players trying to take the tackler on.

It's always easier to remember his bad form then his best.

I am putting just as much Blame on our coach for not being aware of his mental state

Totally agree B. Scott is to blame.

An example, someone once told me when NDS was playing for St. Kilda and they had a bad loss, he stressed going to the club the next day because Ross Lyon would be feral and would let them know its not good enough.

This was very different to how Brad Scott handles things.

Brad prefers to give players a cuddle, rather than a blasting after a bad performance.

I think a player like Thomas works better if he is under a coach like Lyon who demands his best and lets him know when he is not happy....

Didn't think his first four games were that bad apart from not hitting the scoreboard but he's cooked now. Looking to try and do to much in simple moments to change his fortune. Mind*ed. Let him regain confidence in the twos.

Didn't think his first four games were that bad apart from not hitting the scoreboard but he's cooked now. Looking to try and do to much in simple moments to change his fortune. Mind****ed. Let him regain confidence in the twos.

Go back and watch the round 1 replay. He was terrible. Had one good quarter against Geelong and everything else has been poor until Saturday, which was disgraceful.

I've been a fan, but he needs a long spell out of the 1s.

too often playing for free kicks, looking for easy kicks, low on confidence even when he has the ball instead of playing on instincts he actually runs into the opposition players trying to take the tackler on.

Yeah but he's like any player on our list, continue to put up putrid performances week in week out and guess what will happen? Nothing

LT is just another player down on confidence that is is a victim by our "cuddle culture" (*cough* swallow *cough* black *cough* Petrie etc)

Go back and watch the round 1 replay. He was terrible. Had one good quarter against Geelong and everything else has been poor until Saturday, which was disgraceful.

I've been a fan, but he needs a long spell out of the 1s.
He'll be back. His career isn't over by a long way IMO.

One thing that I'm miffed about is why throughout the JLT did he spend time through the middle and off the back of the square if he had intention of doing it in the regular season.

Anyway he has to go back and earn his right to come back in, I think it will be tough for him to get back.
Came off the back of the square a few times on Saturday.

...........and flying in the pack instead of crumbing like he should.

...........and flying in the pack instead of crumbing like he should.
This has definitely been a fair criticism of Lindsay's game at times but while we are without a strong forward structure due to a lack of talls/quality talls and are playing a number of "crumbers" (Simpkin, Turner and Garner) how do we not know that Lindsay hasn't been instructed to fly and bring the ball to ground if he doesn't mark?

This has definitely been a fair criticism of Lindsay's game at times but while we are without a strong forward structure due to a lack of talls/quality talls and are playing a number of "crumbers" (Simpkin, Turner and Garner) how do we not know that Lindsay hasn't been instructed to fly and bring the ball to ground if he doesn't mark?
Just on that - the Atley goal was the result of LT flying, getting it down to Garner, who then found Atley. Pretty much what HOF said above.

Also had a few go over his head when he was on the lead. We kicked horribly into F50 all night.

We have so many half forwards. Id love to see him play reserves as a midfielder first, and stints up forward. I reckon he is a gun and would dominate within a month at that leve even with the mew possie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back