Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lindsay plays back on either Walters or Ballantyne, they will isolate him deep and destroy him.

If we're genuinely tanking, keep Lindsay back.

Play him on the ball if we're looking to reincarnate him.

I don't know if some of you are just stupid or hate Lindsay that much or a combination of both but FFS Lindsay Thomas is not the reason Boomer didn't get offered another contract.

You can only wonder which one it is :( Some people like to be selective on the info in front of them to justify their argument.

boomer the saint?
He's short but he aint a dwarf :)

I guess you've never heard of contracts.

The music stopped in the second half of last year and the guys who finished were the ones out of contract. The older guys who played on were contracted.

And that second suspension was over the top. As is a lot of commentary on and reaction to LT.

He was called up last weekend to a role he has never played, and he put in and had a positive impact.

Harvey has zero to do with any of it.

This.

Very well put.

I guess you've never heard of contracts.

The music stopped in the second half of last year and the guys who finished were the ones out of contract. The older guys who played on were contracted.

And that second suspension was over the top. As is a lot of commentary on and reaction to LT.

He was called up last weekend to a role he has never played, and he put in and had a positive impact.

Harvey has zero to do with any of it.

Stop making sense

Lindsay has had a terrible few months but at least we know he can play. I have a lot of love for Lindsay and trust him to get his game back together. Certainly not at the 'seeya later' stage for me.

Bowen reckons LT could be an option for West Coast:

Coach Adam Simpson signaled in late May the Eagles' desire to add a quality small forward to their list, but the options appear limited. Gold Coast's Brandon Matera has been floated as a possible target, but the Eagles are yet to show interest. North Melbourne's Lindsay Thomas could appeal after he fell out of favour at times this season at the rebuilding Roos, while Docker Hayden Ballantyne is just around the corner and a free agent.

Bowen reckons LT could be an option for West Coast:

I'd think they wouldn't go down that path considering they already have Josh Hill on their list. Lt and him are similar marking type small forwards rather than being traditional crumbing forwards. Thomas would provide a lot more pressure than what they have at the moment however.

I've heard Adelaide might be interested especially if Charlie Cameron moves on.

Funny how Lindsay cops a trial by media for his VFL suspension earlier this year and this goes without being cited.....

There is a whole new set of laws when LT is involved.

Shows the character of the man that he has been able to cope with the s**t thrown his way.

Not making light of depression, but how many current day AFL players would have been able to cope with all the negativity that LT does without getting depressed?

Guys these days struggle to cope with bad comments on social media, let alone the whole AFL media treating you like a second class citizen.

There is a whole new set of laws when LT is involved.

Shows the character of the man that he has been able to cope with the s**t thrown his way.

Not making light of depression, but how many current day AFL players would have been able to cope with all the negativity that LT does without getting depressed?

Guys these days struggle to cope with bad comments on social media, let alone the whole AFL media treating you like a second class citizen.

The way you hear Lindsay speak about the football club in general and specifically Boomer I think really highlights the way the club has backed him even when the media has tried to lower his colours and continuously kick him when he has been down.

It is a bit worrying LT and Hansen haven't been able to work their way back into the side with the current injury toll.

LT and Brad seemed to be quite jovial with each other at training in the footage this week so I can only presume the communication lines have been kept well and truly open and LT's not left guessing where he's at in the big picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a bit worrying LT and Hansen haven't been able to work their way back into the side with the current injury toll.

If the side was in finals contention then both would be in the side.

You don't think they aren't getting played for other reasons?

LT still looks a class above many of our players. Just as far as movement, quick thinking and delivery goes.

The Rat is one of the few that seems to have the same level of situational awareness and vision to open up the game and is prepared to step and take someone on to open up space and a bit of time.

What's worrying about it? Their VFL form is hardly dominant.

I think it's exciting.

We have so many handy younger players now that they can't just get a game on age alone, that's a positive.

I disagree.

Thomas was omitted well before we raised the white flag.

I think Scott has various players ahead regardless of form.

He's one player I like and would stick up for but I dunno if he has earned his spot back yet. Simpkin and Turner deserve spots ahead of him based on recent or early season form and maybe should come straight in. He needs a consistent string of BOG games. He might be lucky to get a game for the rest of the year.

On edit:

Fellas, he was just about BOG for Werribee two matches back against Port.

He is in the seconds so kids can get games.

Exactly. If he kicked five goals in the next 2 games for Werribee he'd probably get a game against the brions... maybe.

The negativity that LT cops from certain campaigners on this forum would drive a normal person to severe depression.
Being called a racist by some campaigners on this forum could drive a normal person to severe depression. Unless it was clear the campaigner was a F***wit.

They would be playing in the side if Scott wanted them in the side. That is the worrying part part for them. Does he see a future for them at North? I believe they would look at trade options for LT but if there were no takers keep him next year. Hansen? Dunno.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back