Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be his first child would it not?

Good for them, regardless of whether he stays or goes I reckon a kid would do him good. Ground him a bit more and make him realise that the crap the media and public say doesn't matter one iota compared to his little bundle of joy.
Edit: Has two girls

His family; wife Hannah and his two daughters, have provided invaluable support.

A family man
Wells: She’s been an absolute rock for him. She’s a beautiful girl who’s supported him and they’ve been an unbelievable team. They’ve ridden the waves together, the highs and lows. I dare say without her, I don’t think Lindsay would have got through these really tough times. She’s been absolutely amazing and a beautiful mother to their two girls. He’s been blessed to have someone like her to help him.

Last edited:
That would be his first child would it not?

Good for them, regardless of whether he stays or goes I reckon a kid would do him good. Ground him a bit more and make him realise that the crap the media and public say doesn't matter one iota compared to his little bundle of joy.
Pretty sure they've already got 2 girls.

Regardless, congratulations all round! What a little cutie!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brother man, it is horrifying the ease with which you boil down a true NM player and person, who has grown and thrived and hurt and bled and toiled for the blue and white stripes, led other Aboriginal boys to manhood through his example, and won us games off his own boot, to two words: trade bait.

Have you no introspection?

Like it and don't even no what introspection means! Sounds like an awesome early model colour tv. LT is a true North champ.

Would love to see him stay and work in player development and coaching after his playing career. Fabric person, the kind we need as an elder for all our young players, and it's especially good to have for young indigenous players. Wouldn't begrudge him if he wanted to move for family or to extend his senior career with more certainty, but that's because he has earned it - he'd be an enormous loss.

Would love to see him stay and work in player development and coaching after his playing career. Fabric person, the kind we need as an elder for all our young players, and it's especially good to have for young indigenous players. Wouldn't begrudge him if he wanted to move for family or to extend his senior career with more certainty, but that's because he has earned it - he'd be an enormous loss.
My thoughts exactly. With a VFL team coming in Lindsay staying is an absolute must. He would be a fantastic development coach and mentor. Bleeds blue and white. Give him every chance to make it back next year. If he can't then transitioning to a coaching role is a no brainer in my opinion.

He's one player who always seems to give 100%, some others could learn from his example. I'll be really disappointed if he isn't at the club next year.
No he doesn't. Listen to Scotts interview on SEN. He states it's one of his main problems, not always giving 100%.

Looking forward to the "Get Cohen Thomas as a FS" thread in the lead up to the 2035 draft.

Will also be eligible to Geelong under the newly introduced Premier's XI rule.

By the mid-2020s the AFL grew nervous that the state governments constant financial fellating of the cats could cause a few 'governance' problems in the event of an audit. So they allowed the state premier to be able to prelist 11 youngsters for their chosen club each year.

By the 4th year Geelong had managed to construct an entire list composed only of Premier XI kids.

By the mid-2020s the AFL grew nervous that the state governments constant financial fellating of the cats could cause a few 'governance' problems in the event of an audit. So they allowed the state premier to be able to prelist 11 youngsters for their chosen club each year.

By the 4th year Geelong had managed to construct an entire list composed only of Premier XI kids.

Nothing would surprise.

It just sounds so plausible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back