Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't care why are you commenting?
Because there were points I disagreed with. Catch up, will you?
I didn't want to be disrespectful to young Jay Kennedy-Harris but he's not what I meant by proven AFL quality small forwards.

Eth has other ideas.
Sorry, I thought you said that he failed when he was in the AFL.

I personally think that small defenders are incredibly valuable and hard to find good ones. I think it's a problem area with a succession plan that may not work out.

Heaven forbid we get another Slattery.

Because there were points I disagreed with. Catch up, will you?

Sorry, I thought you said that he failed when he was in the AFL.
Based on your mid year review I stand to be corrected!

My apologies, McNiece has had a better year than Baguley.

12. Mark Baguley

AFL Games: 12
Relevant averages: 2.2 tackles, 3.8 1%ers, 2.6 rebound 50's
Overall Grade: C

Baguley has had an average season so far. I know a few will disagree with this but with 3 poor games and 3 good games and 6 in between it means an average season. He's intercepting the ball better than before but his opponents have gotten off the leash a few times, like Betts and Elliott.

41. Ben McNiece

AFL Games: 2
Relevant averages: 2.5 tackles, 2.5 rebound 50's, 3.5 1%ers
Overall Grade: C+

McNiece has exceeded expectations so far this season, being a general in defence and shutting down a couple of good small forwards in his couple of AFL games. Look for him to step up in the best 22 next year.

Based on your mid year review I stand to be corrected!

My apologies, McNiece has had a better year than Baguley.

12. Mark Baguley

AFL Games: 12
Relevant averages: 2.2 tackles, 3.8 1%ers, 2.6 rebound 50's
Overall Grade: C

Baguley has had an average season so far. I know a few will disagree with this but with 3 poor games and 3 good games and 6 in between it means an average season. He's intercepting the ball better than before but his opponents have gotten off the leash a few times, like Betts and Elliott.

41. Ben McNiece

AFL Games: 2
Relevant averages: 2.5 tackles, 2.5 rebound 50's, 3.5 1%ers
Overall Grade: C+

McNiece has exceeded expectations so far this season, being a general in defence and shutting down a couple of good small forwards in his couple of AFL games. Look for him to step up in the best 22 next year.
Look at the top of the page. The part where I said it was relative to expectations.

Your hatchet job on skipworth and praising of McKenna makes more sense than the rubbish you are talking in here.
Are you so desperate to make out you won this to include something completely irrelevant to it

Are you so desperate to make out you won this to include something completely irrelevant to it
Win?

Irrelevant?

All it was was a simple comment on our lack of proven small defenders and you have just argued semantics the whole time.

I still don't know if you think it's a concern or not! Not that I care for your opinion.

giphy.gif

One of our least problems at the moment. I really like him, not because he is the most skilled player, but because he gives it his best. More than serviceable

As he's developed his foot skills have improved out of sight but his defensive game has suffered. He's a different player to the one we drafted, to the point where I'd now class him as an 'attacking defender' rather than someone who's really dour.

He's going to be really important if and when Kelly retires, keeping in mind that he's 30 already, he's going to have to be the steadying influence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win?

Irrelevant?

All it was was a simple comment on our lack of proven small defenders and you have just argued semantics the whole time.

I still don't know if you think it's a concern or not! Not that I care for your opinion.
I asked a question about something that I disagreed with and you come out all shirty, posted something unrelated, I post a rebuttal to that point and then you just bring up something completely irrelevant. As I said earlier, should talk about the points I don't care about?

I asked a question about something that I disagreed with and you come out all shirty, posted something unrelated, I post a rebuttal to that point and then you just bring up something completely irrelevant. As I said earlier, should talk about the points I don't care about?
I will try to make this simple for you.

(a) Do you think that McNiece is Bags replacement?

(b) If no, do you have somebody else in mind?

If yes to first question then I will stop worrying about it.

If the answer to both of those questions is no then I suspect we may need to draft one.

I will try to make this simple for you.

(a) Do you think that McNiece is Bags replacement?

(b) If no, do you have somebody else in mind?

If yes to first question then I will stop worrying about it.

If the answer to both of those questions is no then I suspect we may need to draft one.
I think he could be. He exceeded my expectations so far this year. Can you answer this question:

Why do you think McNiece isn't close checking?

Anyway, as for Baguley.

I really rate his intercept work, and I think he's still great for the little onepercenters. Where he gets in trouble is when the ball comes in quickly into the forward line, especially when he's one out.

His intercept work last week was good, but he did look pedestrian a couple of times also. Mind you, one of Fasolo's goals should have been a push in the back.

Anyway, as for Baguley.

I really rate his intercept work, and I think he's still great for the little onepercenters. Where he gets in trouble is when the ball comes in quickly into the forward line, especially when he's one out.

His intercept work last week was good, but he did look pedestrian a couple of times also. Mind you, one of Fasolo's goals should have been a push in the back.
The reason he was getting caught out on the weekend was because the ball was getting turned over in midfield after exiting defence and he was isolated in 50 with a small defender. It happened twice right in front of me and their was little he could do.

The attack from defence game plan is always going to catch people out when you turn it over so cheaply.

The reason he was getting caught out on the weekend was because the ball was getting turned over in midfield after exiting defence and he was isolated in 50 with a small defender. It happened twice right in front of me and their was little he could do.

The attack from defence game plan is always going to catch people out when you turn it over so cheaply.
That, and he's simply not as nimble as someone like Elliot. He's a tough match up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back