Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy target. Was a very tough day for anybody in the forward line with the way the Cats set up, and our midfield just played straight into their hands.

Geelong get nervous when the ball is on the deck in their defence. We played to their strengths and bombed in high balls all day. *in ridiculous.

Tippa was quiet too, hardly surprising. Baguley had 6 tackles, which is what he’s there for.

Easy target. Was a very tough day for anybody in the forward line with the way the Cats set up, and our midfield just played straight into their hands.

Geelong get nervous when the ball is on the deck in their defence. We played to their strengths and bombed in high balls all day. ****in ridiculous.

Tippa was quiet too, hardly surprising. Baguley had 6 tackles, which is what he’s there for.
How many of those tackles were effective?

He just doesn't have the impact he used to have. Any speed he had is gone. You can basically count him out in a foot race. I'd rather Mynott play his role.

Not sure what to make of 6 tackles when a player is routinely burned in 1v1 battles (whether or not it is because he is being out marked by players he can't go with in the air).

I would not have thought that today would be the day to make any positive comment about our forward pressure (except for a 10 minute stretch in the 1st).

Doesn't look even remotely dangerous out there but he's a fav so whatever.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cause and effect is clear. No Baguley, no Essendon.

If he comes straight back in, to quote Terry Wallace, I’ll spew up.

Fresh after a spell this week. Going to come back in and kick a goal and give away free kicks with gay abandon.
it will be fabulous!

With Fantaseeya's name revelation I wonder if Bags really was taking the piss when he told me it was pronounced Bagooley at Crown one night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back