Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I thought you were joking because I don't see how it could possibly matter or affect his studies, it's not like he isn't training or playing games already to focus only on studying.

I think we have our priorities wrong as a football club if we hold back senior selection for year 12 because:
a) Majority of games are played on a weekend
b) Missing a day or two if required won't make a difference to his year 12 studies. School doesn't make you learn, you learn if you want to learn, a few days missed won't change this
c) He is a professional footballer whose primary aim is to play AFL
d) We are a football club trying to win football games (although this point is questionable)
e) Year 12 and the importance it's given is over-rated. Important, but over-rated, not every day matters
f) Most schools if there are projects/assessment papers/exams that count toward state rank are flexible within a day or two of timelines and prior agreements can be made
g) Other exams that matter beyond in-school BS are in off-season; Intra-school exams matter as much as permanent records
h) Majority of games are played on a weekend

In any case no big deal, I just really thought you were joking. But who knows, you could be right.
It was a passing comment, but I believe that for some players the transition into football can be quite challenging, whether or not they are also juggling year 12 studies. Regardless, he'll come in when he's ready and the team selects him.

Serious. Not sure whether he is ready yet.
He's not ready. Needs to work on finding a way to be more involved in the game over 4 quarters. Last week was his best effort at finding a way to be involved for longer periods. Being named in the squad was a pumping up of his tires that he is going in the right direction. Having said that, I would have been happy to see him in the side over Baguley.

He's not ready. Needs to work on finding a way to be more involved in the game over 4 quarters. Last week was his best effort at finding a way to be involved for longer periods. Being named in the squad was a pumping up of his tires that he is going in the right direction. Having said that, I would have been happy to see him in the side over Baguley.
Pretty much spot on with the exception of your last sentence which is pure crazy talk.

So almost no one on our list is ready to play AFL

Obviously none our assistants stand up when they go to the loo, you'd think one of them could reach the button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll laugh my arse off if he comes in for Begley this week.
even better if it was just a spelling mistake in the team sheet and they were too embarrassed to correct it

even better if it was just a spelling mistake in the team sheet and they were too embarrassed to correct it

The way we are travelling it wouldn't surprise me for someone to misspell it like "Bagley" and we have 19 players run out and them looking at each other in the forward pocket saying "this is my man, who are you supposed to be on"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back