Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Bags. Was an extremely reliable defender in his day and not to forget stepping in as vice captain in 2016. Always gave 100%

I can't believe Woosha chose the likes of Ham and Snelling ahead of Baguley. Ham is clearly not ready for AFL physically especially a finals game. Baguley and Myers as seasoned players should've been playing ahead of those two for Essendon to have any chance. I'm wondering why Baguley a former vice-captain fell out of favour so quickly - some issue with Worsfold? He's 32 yes, but being a late starter shouldn't be burnt out.
A disappointing end to the season for the Bombers. Injuries took their toll eventually plus shockers from several including Stringer and McKernan.
Still we did well to make the finals but we can do better. One more year for Woosha but he needs to improve too

I can't believe Woosha chose the likes of Ham and Snelling ahead of Baguley. Ham is clearly not ready for AFL physically especially a finals game. Baguley and Myers as seasoned players should've been playing ahead of those two for Essendon to have any chance. I'm wondering why Baguley a former vice-captain fell out of favour so quickly - some issue with Worsfold? He's 32 yes, but being a late starter shouldn't be burnt out.
A disappointing end to the season for the Bombers. Injuries took their toll eventually plus shockers from several including Stringer and McKernan.
Still we did well to make the finals but we can do better. One more year for Woosha but he needs to improve too
Have you seen Baguley this year? And are you seriously questioning Snelling's game when he was quite comfortably one of our better players?

Baguley has been cooked for over a year now due to poor knees. Myers has had a poor year at AFL level because he's simply too slow now. There wouldn't be any issues with Woosha, more likely the opposite is true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back