Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
The game is pretty close to passing Baguley by. He's just a bit too slow for the position he plays. Though I do think he can play considerably better than he showed against the Tigers. I also wouldn't blame him too much for today with the way the ball was coming in with no pressure (story of EFC).

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
The game is pretty close to passing Baguley by. He's just a bit too slow for the position he plays. Though I do think he can play considerably better than he showed against the Tigers. I also wouldn't blame him too much for today with the way the ball was coming in with no pressure (story of EFC).
had a similarly poor preseason game last year against Geelong. Same game our midfield exposed a backline that was missing Hurley

cant take a lot from yesterdays game, which is a bit of indictment on much of the team.

bomberland33

Senior List
Feb 28, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Been a good player Baguley, but shouldn’t receive a new contract after 2018. This may be harsh but he won’t be in our top 30 players come year end if not already

Been a good player Baguley, but shouldn’t receive a new contract after 2018. This may be harsh but he won’t be in our top 30 players come year end if not already
That might depend on whether or not we have a small defender who can fill his spot.

People saying he's too slow and a crap kick seem to be under the illusion that quick, skillful, tough as nails lockdown defenders grow on trees. He's not the perfect player but he goes alright.

Back