Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody care to explain the ins and outs as to why a club would want to rookie list a player?

Is he now required to be on rookie wages?

Rookie wages are a myth - Yes there is a minimum but many rookies,especially those from overseas receive good wages.

Seems like a fancy way of saying we want to take our 3rd pick a little earlier. Probably doesn't change much for Baguley.
It won't be that easy for him to stay ahead of Begley and Laverde next year in spite of his good performances once shifting up forward.

So what dos it mean in terms of playing seniors? Does he have to be promoted?

They changed it so category A rookies, which he will be, are allowed to play from round 1 without an LTI so it doesn't effect his status at all, it's all just list manoeuvring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They changed it so category A rookies, which he will be, are allowed to play from round 1 without an LTI so it doesn't effect his status at all, it's all just list manoeuvring

Why the **** do we even have a title for the 'rookie list'?

The 'rookie list' should be for the Cat B guys. It's a fallacy they are below the senior listed guys. They literally do everything that a senior listed bloke does.

John Worsfold just said on the radio Baguley given a 1 year contract which is about to be announced
I thought he played his best footy in years as a defensive forward. So I’m happy about this.

John Worsfold just said on the radio Baguley given a 1 year contract which is about to be announced
Hmm, I wonder if that’s an indication that they won’t replace Leuy with a DFA and instead either not get a mature ruck or wait to see what ruck is available in the rookie draft.

Hmm, I wonder if that’s an indication that they won’t replace Leuy with a DFA and instead either not get a mature ruck or wait to see what ruck is available in the rookie draft.

Woosha said today on SEN that Draper was very close to selection in last round against Port and they were happy for him to tackle Ryder. Decided in the end that Leuey deserved a shot. Must have high opinion of Draper as he said can’t see any reason why can’t break his way into team next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back