12. Sharrod Wellingham (2013 - 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 15 v Adelaide
15 Disposals
2 Marks
0 Tackles
1 Goal
In an emotion charged game, Wellingham was solid without being spectacular. He kicked a wonderful goal and was again imperative to the zone defense that he has found a home in.

ROUND 16 v Collingwood
17 Disposals
5 Marks
1 Tackle
0 Goals
One of our best in terms of ball use and movement, again having a quieter day on the stats sheet but he still was influential and continues to show us that he is one of the most improved at the club.

Okay so given I am the worst (edit: best) sponsor of all time, I have decided to post Sharrods end of season stats all in one block, unfortunately, the campaigner that is me cannot remember specific details of each game but I will try! Rounds 17-23 here and the finals series will follow shortly.

ROUND 17 v Sydney
26 Disposals
8 Marks
1 Tackle
0 Goals

ROUND 18 v Gold Coast
18 Disposals
2 Marks
4 Tackles
0 Goals

ROUND 19 v Hawthorn
13 Disposals
4 Marks
1 Tackle
0 Goals

ROUND 20 v Fremantle
12 Disposals
5 Marks
1 Tackle
0 Goals

ROUND 21 v Bulldogs
14 Disposals
2 Marks
2 Tackles
0 Goals

ROUND 22 v Adelaide
Missed through injury

ROUND 23 v St Kilda
22 Disposals
6 Marks
4 Tackles
0 Goals

Sharrod Wellingham. A season in review

Season Averages:
24 games played
18.7 Disposals
4.8 Marks
1.8 Tackles
3 total Goals

Although by just looking at the stats you wouldn't say that Sharrod has had the best of seasons, however as we all know from the Priddis thread, stats don't tell the whole story.

His first two years on our list were riddled with injury and poor form, however 2015 was the turning point in his career. Starting out the year in the midfield but moving back after Mackenzie and Brown went down proved the fire starter. Becoming a famed member of the Sheppingham connection, he was prolific in our makeshift defense and was voted best on ground several times by the BigFooty members (which we all know are the only votes that matter).

Unfortunately a lackluster Grand Final performance (along with about 20 other team mates) was the end to his season, however we expect huge things for our man the Wellingham in 2016. I hope whoever sponsors him next year is ready for the Brownlow/Coleman/Norm Smith trifecta.

Thanks for a great year Sharrod! I now relinquish my sponsor duties (even though I was pretty ordinary) and say that I came pretty good on my preseason promise which features in my sig ;)

tl:dr I was absolute trash, Sharrod is GOAT

And my final update is to cap off a stellar season, Sharrod finished in the top 10 at the best and fairest at 9th.
1. Andrew Gaff - 210
2. Matt Priddis - 206
3. Josh Kennedy - 183
4. Luke Shuey - 174
5. Mark LeCras - 163
6. Brad Sheppard - 161
7. Jamie Cripps - 158
8. Nic Naitanui - 156
9. Sharrod Wellingham - 133
10. Elliot Yeo - 129

Remove this Banner Ad

Back