Player Watch #12: Tom Cutler - Calf injury in the VFL, will miss a few weeks - 4/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
12 - [PLAYERCARD]Tom Cutler[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2021
Last Game Played: Round 3, 2021 (sub, omitted)
Injury Status: Calf injury in the VFL, will miss a few weeks - 4/5

Last edited:

rumply

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, 76ers.
Was Mayne ever actually that bad for them though? The issue there was they offered him a contract without telling Buckley, who then graciously went and did a media conference saying he didn’t want him and he’s not his problem. It was all before he got on to the field from memory.
I seem to recall him getting dropped after a few games & the Pie faithful going off about him?

Old Campaigner

Premium Gold
Nov 22, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Was Mayne ever actually that bad for them though? The issue there was they offered him a contract without telling Buckley, who then graciously went and did a media conference saying he didn’t want him and he’s not his problem. It was all before he got on to the field from memory.
I think he was always a decent contributor for them, the issue was they brought him in on a much bigger contract than a player of his output probably deserved. Plus his bread and butter is the unfashionable stuff like pressure acts, tackles, making space and so on, which the coaches and team mates might appreciate but is not a factor for the vast majority of fans who are total nuffies and rate players based on their supercoach average.

11kgm

Premium Platinum
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd
someone so needs to go to signing day with a egg

or give him an Easter bunny costume and put him to work

Cold Sober

Premium Platinum
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
He seems to have a bit of sh*t in him, exactly what we need.
Not dreadlocks, not dyed white hair, ******* hard at it footballers.
WHEN CAN WE GET BACK TO FOOTBALL ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE.

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Another positional change, spending half his time at half back. Not sure what the rationale is here...
“It was a strong game from Tom. Again he played probably half the game on the wing and half the game on half-back. He got a lot of the ball and most of the time used it well, and he defended when he needed to.”

eth-dog

Premium Platinum
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Another positional change, spending half his time at half back. Not sure what the rationale is here...

The one thing he has is his versatility. Wouldn't be shocked if he played half forward this week for bits and pieces

(Log in to remove this ad.)

citizen-erased

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bayern, Milan, Celtic

Wasn't he a half back at Brissy?
issue he had getting into the side was the presence of Hodge then Birchall, Rich, Starcevich, etc?

citizen-erased

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bayern, Milan, Celtic
From what I remember he was known as a wing player, but I don't really follow players that don't play for Essendon so 🤷‍♀️
trying to recall what my brissy mates mentioned he was like when we got him
He seemed a popular enough player.

Remove this Banner Ad