Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie

Welcome to Essendon Tom Cutler.

Last edited:

Scottie65

All Australian
Nov 6, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
turn him into an inside mid bull....he is a big boy and good pace and racking long kick....66 games with bris so has some experience....only played 3 last year but had a bad injury year...before that played almost every game for 3 straight years...could be good pick up

Jacques_

Senior List
Jun 22, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
As long as he runs both ways, it’s a win. Transition defence from our midfielders is far and away our biggest weakness in my opinion.

Look he adds some depth to the midfield and he was cheap. Has played some decent footy without being much more than your good average player but at least he has played the position a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like he has attributes that we need. Long kick, runs hard both ways on the wing, can take a grab and kick goals.

Happy to have some better users who are two way runners. These lower profile trades are how we build some depth.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Look he adds some depth to the midfield and he was cheap. Has played some decent footy without being much more than your good average player but at least he has played the position a bit.
I've long argued we're missing decent role players. Cutler is one.

Good pick up.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
He presents as an interesting pick up.

On one hand he reminds me of, ironically, a former teammate of his in Jack Crisp.

Both are very similar in size and Crisp played a very similar role at the Lions as a jumbo winger/linebreaker who had a nose for goal and a handy long kick.

Cutler, I think, has many similar attributes. Crisp always showed more intent to work defensively and was a slightly better mark, and it allows him to play as a highly effective defensive winger for Collingwood now.

I think Cutler, in reality, is competing now for a spot on the wing. Aside from Zaharakis who are our natural wingers? McGrath? More likely to go inside midfield. I like him as a value pick up and if he doesn't work out, he didn't cost much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back