Delisted #12: Tom Cutler - Delisted, thank you for your service - 23/8

12 - cutler.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Last Game Played: Round 13, 2022 (omit)
Injury Status: Should be available to play this weekend - 20/7
Quad strain, "standard" injury, will miss about 4 weeks - 29/6

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 16, ghostdog

Last edited:
I was on the Howard bandwagon at the time, and advocated trading Hurley to avoid the decline we're now facing. Langford and Heppell at the time could have played on a wing. I was very cranky about recruiting Cutler.
St. Kilda put a pretty big offer in front of Howard, doubt we would have been able to match it.

Even though it's turned out poorly I completely understand why we did it. We needed more marking power in the midfield and he'd played some pretty good footy for Brisbane, just had been forced out by two of their better players in Robinson and McCluggage.

St. Kilda put a pretty big offer in front of Howard, doubt we would have been able to match it.

Even though it's turned out poorly I completely understand why we did it. We needed more marking power in the midfield and he'd played some pretty good footy for Brisbane, just had been forced out by two of their better players in Robinson and McCluggage.
I reckon we may have thought he was an upgrade on Mitch Brown. Turns out he isn't.

I hope he isn't reading this.
He probably is, and if he's not someone he knows probably is... team mates, family, friends.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Different players but this has a bit of a Chris Mayne feel about it for me, was really poor when he got to the Pies but turned it around, maybe there's some hope yet.

Was Mayne ever actually that bad for them though? The issue there was they offered him a contract without telling Buckley, who then graciously went and did a media conference saying he didn’t want him and he’s not his problem. It was all before he got on to the field from memory.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon

Ah yes, but if we'd traded Hurley...
Anyway, moot point. It is what it is.

Back