Quad strain, "standard" injury, will miss about 4 weeks - 29/6

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 16, ghostdog

Last edited:

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't get it. This bloke is seriously a big rig, he'd just about flatten 90% of the blokes out on that field. But when the slightest bit of pressure comes his way he just collapses. Is he ok? Like, seriously?

Last edited:
I don't get it. This bloke is seriously a big rig, he'd just about flatten 90% of the blokes out on that field. But when the slightest bit of pressure comes his way he just collapses. Is he ok? Like, seriously?
What confuses me even more is I have watched a few of his 2018 games and although he was never an inside beast he was not as soft as he has shown this year :mad::mad::mad::mad:

What confuses me even more is I have watched a few of his 2018 games and although he was never an inside beast he was not as soft as he has shown this year :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Yep, genuinely bizarre

MattyB3150

Team Captain
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting reading what type of player they expected him to become. Know wonder we traded for him. A third key defender.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting reading what type of player they expected him to become. Know wonder we traded for him. A third key defender.

"Cutler puts his body on the line..." Where did that go?

I stopped here...

Unlike some undersized defenders, Cutler isn’t afraid...

CBombers17

Premium Platinum
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Who really goes in hard at Essendon? It's hardly surprising that anyone with a tendency to pull out of contests would do so with us.

Look at Robinson on a wing at Brisbane. I saw him commit to more selfless/courageous/aggressive acts in one game than our whole list this season.

Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As a long time lions supporter who followed Cuts progress over last few years, I agree with comments that in 2018 he was really promising player.. he was part of the young group who looked like turning the lions future around.. he was a popular player amonst fans and the club. Early 2019 an injury derailed his progress and he struggled to work his way get back in. Although Fagan and co. still wanted to keep him, he wanted to return to Melb. for personal reasons which is fair enough. I thought he would be a solid player at the bombers (although probably not a match winner). However from what i've seen this season he's gone backwards and is a less confident player. Hard to know why..

I loved Tom's work at the Lions but never got his body right and seems to have no confidence in his abilities. Maybe not quite found his feet.

I'd like to see a full pre-season and some work into him and try to find that bloke who i saw had 25 and 3 goals against the Hawks in 2018 when the Lions were 0-8? He was inspirational and in everything.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Are people really surprised that a 25 year old who couldn't get a game at his initial club is now struggling to get a game at a new club.

You mean at the club who offered him another contract because they wanted to keep him right?

His form at Brisbane would be fine; 20 disposals + 6 marks + 4 inside 50's + 2 rebound 50's was his 2018 season. He's nowhere near that for us even allowing for shorter games.

You can't expect kelvin to deal with facts ethan, he's not actually an Essendon supporter these days.
I guess we shouldn't really talk s**t about him given his Dogs haven't lost to us since Carlisle kicked 8...

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
You can't expect kelvin to deal with facts ethan, he's not actually an Essendon supporter these days.

Is that the fact of his good play or the fact of his possessions?

You're surprised a wingman would get a few rebound 50s and a few inside 50s? That's been the definition of the role for 150 years.

Is that the fact of his good play or the fact of his possessions?

You're surprised a wingman would get a few rebound 50s and a few inside 50s? That's been the definition of the role for 150 years.
More the fact that kelvin said he was playing NEAFL in 2018 when he didn't have a single game there?

Back