Remove this Banner Ad

12 - cutler.jpg
Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Last Game Played: Round 13, 2022 (omit)
Injury Status: Should be available to play this weekend - 20/7
Quad strain, "standard" injury, will miss about 4 weeks - 29/6

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 16, ghostdog

Last edited:

I must confess, I don't know much about him. Was he in and out of the lions side due to form or injuries?

Injuries this year, but Mitch Robinson took his spot as they play a false winger and roll them into the stoppage. Mitch had a career best year and when fit Cutler couldn't force his way back in. Averaged about 25 touches and 2 goals a game in the NEAFL but it's hard to tell if form there actually means anything.

My understanding is that he struggled to play effectively in a system of team defence.
Interesting that he mentions his ability to run both ways in his interview a few times. His tackling and clearance stats are not great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Runs his ******** backside off. Huge kick.
Excellent pressure and Rebound / Inside 50s.
His career combined i50/R50 numbers are better than McGrath, Mckenna, Parish, Zaka, Dev, Dyl, Hepp and Zerrett
Excellent skills and mark.
Wasn't picked for JLT and Robbo took his spot and he couldn't get into a winning team.
Could go into the centre square - needs a bit of mongrel/aggro and to work on his goalkicking.

Fairly easy to see why we brought this guy in. We fell way quite drastically when we asked the young, inexperienced guys like Jok, Ham to play on the wing later in the year. Gives us a free hit at someone who adds dept to a position we are still trying to work out how to use efficiently.

I like his size and ability to run. The kicking skills are an added bonus. May not be an instant starter, but can see him playing a role for the squad over the next 24 months until we develop Jok and Ham, Mutch even in that wing position further.

Runs his ******** backside off. Huge kick.
Excellent pressure and Rebound / Inside 50s.
His career combined i50/R50 numbers are better than McGrath, Mckenna, Parish, Zaka, Dev, Dyl, Hepp and Zerrett
Excellent skills and mark.
Wasn't picked for JLT and Robbo took his spot and he couldn't get into a winning team.
Could go into the centre square - needs a bit of mongrel/aggro and to work on his goalkicking.
So, if he's as good as you say, how is it that he doesn't get a game with Brisbane. Robbo must be a superstar who runs his backside off even more, has an even bigger kick, and absolutely exceptional pressure and rebound/i50 numbers that make our players look like absolute chumps. Or Cutler, from the team we beat, isn't that good at all.

Fairly easy to see why we brought this guy in. We fell way quite drastically when we asked the young, inexperienced guys like Jok, Ham to play on the wing later in the year. Gives us a free hit at someone who adds dept to a position we are still trying to work out how to use efficiently.

I like his size and ability to run. The kicking skills are an added bonus. May not be an instant starter, but can see him playing a role for the squad over the next 24 months until we develop Jok and Ham, Mutch even in that wing position further.
This is where I'm at. He'll be a depth player not an excellent, stand-out walk-up best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back