Remove this Banner Ad

12 - cutler.jpg
Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Last Game Played: Round 13, 2022 (omit)
Injury Status: Should be available to play this weekend - 20/7
Quad strain, "standard" injury, will miss about 4 weeks - 29/6

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 16, ghostdog

Last edited:

Firstly, I am of the same opinion as many others that he is no where near it from what we have seen since he signed with us. I'm aware of the many players that have had the year off the charts to then had back to mediocrity they once had.

This confuses me a as we were super quick to drop Towner, yet have showed faith in Cutler and his abilities.

If the club, Truck, line coaches see anything other than depth and a 2nds player - he should be playing all lead up games before the season starts and be used as a pivot as much as possible. Get the ball in his hands 20+ times a game and have him show his worth with delivery and working through the press.

I can't see him getting close to being selected for a 1sts game all year otherwise. He would need to be tearing up several 2nds games consistanly before consideration otherwise.

He would need to be tearing up several 2nds games consistanly before consideration otherwise.

This is Essendon though. Tear the s**t out of 2nds games all you want, you aren't getting selected ahead of a poorly performing 1sts player who is a senior player 'because'.

Firstly, I am of the same opinion as many others that he is no where near it from what we have seen since he signed with us. I'm aware of the many players that have had the year off the charts to then had back to mediocrity they once had.

This confuses me a as we were super quick to drop Towner, yet have showed faith in Cutler and his abilities.

If the club, Truck, line coaches see anything other than depth and a 2nds player - he should be playing all lead up games before the season starts and be used as a pivot as much as possible. Get the ball in his hands 20+ times a game and have him show his worth with delivery and working through the press.

I can't see him getting close to being selected for a 1sts game all year otherwise. He would need to be tearing up several 2nds games consistanly before consideration otherwise.
I’m pretty sure he got a 2 year deal when he arrived, which I’m going to assume is the only reason he is still here.

I’m pretty sure he got a 2 year deal when he arrived, which I’m going to assume is the only reason he is still here.

We also desperately needed a hard running, marking winger. All he had to do was produce the same numbers he'd done across his time at Brisbane to be a decent option there.

We've since added Perkins & Cox, discovered Langford the wingman, and have moved Heppell to the HBF. Plus Stewart is fit, and Wright. We've got many more viable marking targets now than we had when we traded for him a year ago.

He'll need to perform if he wants to stay on the list I'd think.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a practice match but fair to say his SC score would have been in the negative. Offers absolutely nothing apart from a great rig.

Idk. I've seen him play some pretty solid footy at the Lions but he's looked a shell of that since his time here.

Never understood why a bloke who has such a booming kick, tries to handball it as often as he does.

We're literally better off playing a man short, because at least the empty space on the pine wouldn't be giving away brain-fade free kicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back