12 - cutler.jpg
Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Last Game Played: Round 13, 2022 (omit)
Injury Status: Should be available to play this weekend - 20/7
Quad strain, "standard" injury, will miss about 4 weeks - 29/6

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 16, ghostdog

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has linked it here;

Probably explains what the club sees in Cutler and expects from him. Particularly amusing was this comment

When you consider the retirement of wingman David Myers and David Zaharakis spending more time in defence in the latter part of the season, perhaps there’s a void waiting for Cutler to fill.

Wingman David Myers...

From his intro video he didn't sound as though he saw that as part of his role. He sounded like he's intent on running, defending and marking. I hope he's not too nervous to go when it's his turn. Richmond has 22 on the park who aren't afraid to put themselves on the line at every contest. That's the kind of unit I'd like us to be, the non-squibbing kind.
He's come to the right place if he wants to pick and choose when to go. I just counted 6 of our best 22 who I've seen take short steps on multiple occasions this year and most of them are in our midfield. Outside of the mids we do have some genuinely hard ball players through.

"Their sell was that I had a really great belief of what I can bring to the table and what I can do," he told AFL.com.au.

They also thought I could take my game up a level here. That was really attractive.”

"You have high expectations on yourself as a player and no one will ever reach them from the outside, but they were on the same path and getting close.

"That makes you get excited and think 'These guys think I can be something really great in this league' so that makes you think 'OK, that's interesting'. That was really magnetic."

"Obviously last season didn't go to plan but I retain that confidence and belief that I can contribute at a high level and I have weapons on the field that other players might not have. I'm pretty confident about it, I'm confident about the fit and the feel. I'm happy to be here."

Didn't realise he took so many marks. Average 6.5 a game. I'm looking forward to this in particular from Tom.

Last edited:
BOG today according to AFL site. Haters gonna hate.

yeah I went down and had a watch. He stood out As probably the best for the day.

So did mcgrath and parish (turned it over a bit). But they both only played a half
Young chf we picked up looked to be in the ruck. I liked him around the ground. Good below his knees and took a good clunk. Skinny so will take time.

Raz looked good. Zaha did too for first half.
Laverde woulda had 6 gettable Shots. Snagged 3.

not much to take out of it though. melbourne barely had anyone playing.

I'm surprised how big he is - 192cm - ..I know its only a practice match but we are screaming out for 190cm+ forwards with Hooker, Stewart & Joe all out so Cutler, along with Laverde have a real chance to cement themselves in the team with good games in the Marsh series...Cutler might end up being a really astute pick up for us...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People very optimistic on Cutler, but a lot of the reviews sounded like he was just bombing it long. Hoping I'm generalising.

Hurn also bombs it long a lot, the difference being that it's usually hitting a target. EFC ball movement in to the F50 has been kick it long and pray, maybe Cutler can go long and hit a target!

Hurn also bombs it long a lot, the difference being that it's usually hitting a target. EFC ball movement in to the F50 has been kick it long and pray, maybe Cutler can go long and hit a target!
I'd sooner have Redman on a wing, Ridley and Gleeson as mediums down back, than Myers II bombing long to no one. I hope he can hit a target too.

I'd sooner have Redman on a wing, Ridley and Gleeson as mediums down back, than Myers II bombing long to no one. I hope he can hit a target too.

Pretty sure Bombing it long is not going to be part of the preferred game plan. If Cutler fits in it will be for his ability to take a mark down the line and his spread. Sure he does have a booming kick but he is a genuine winger so he does offer a bit more in that department. From what I got from my spy at the Casey game his long bombs where going in pretty deep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back