Remove this Banner Ad

12 - cutler.jpg
Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Last Game Played: Round 13, 2022 (omit)
Injury Status: Should be available to play this weekend - 20/7
Quad strain, "standard" injury, will miss about 4 weeks - 29/6

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 16, ghostdog

Last edited:
I initially liked this trade thinking he'd be a marking target in the midfield but that doesn't seem to have eventuated.

Chalk it up as another failed attempt to make up for years of poor draft planning leading to an unbalanced list.

I’ve seen enough. Has all the tools but contributes so little.

The reason is abundantly clear...suffice to say AFL level footy is a terrifyingly tough sport and not for all of us.

Played 5 games FFS. Needs more time to get used to our "system" which we don't actually have

Ah yeah, when he gets used to our system, he'll be a lot harder at the contest, stop looking at the umpire, stop kicking it really high in the air, and will be able to run into space. Let's give him another 30 games.

I still like him as a concept and I have no doubt he’s just holding width and working up and down as instructed but our ball movement is an absolute mess at the moment anyway and it’s hard to work out whether he’s a cause or a symptom.

As a concept he’s fine. Has all the tools we want. Good athlete.

Unfortunately he appears to be scared of the contest, is poor defensively and has average skills, particularly around goals.

Thanks for your time Tom, but I think we’ve seen enough.

You could excuse him for learning the process, and our gameplan, like so many.. But, consitently fails to put his head over the footy. Notices the footsteps in the same vein as Zaharakis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I initially liked this trade thinking he'd be a marking target in the midfield but that doesn't seem to have eventuated.

Chalk it up as another failed attempt to make up for years of poor draft planning leading to an unbalanced list.
I am a bit the same. I know what they wanted to get and went back and watched some of his Brisbane games but it has flopped so far.

I've been a big fan of the Cutler pickup, but I must admit to being very underwhelmed with his performances so far. Hope he improves soon.

I was joking but there's still no where near enough in it.
A combination of the two may make a decent player :p Now where is that nutty professor Dank hiding ...........

For real though. I was fine with delisting Mitch Brown if there was a big push for team defence, but the recruitment of Tom Cutler offsets that. Feel like we did little to no due diligence, looked at some of his numbers on Footywire, and thought we had a player.

Don't go there.

I'd say it's questionable Dodoro or anyone paid by the club spent any time specifically watching any of Z. Clarke, Snelling and Cutler (the big body). It wouldn't be hard for me to accept Phillips arrived as no more than Sheedy's recommendation. Sheedy's recommendation was definitely mentioned by Dodoro.

I include Snelling, not because he's bad, but because AD's post mid-season draft comment was "he arrives as the best athlete on our list". Yes Adrian, 10 kgs ago when he tested at the AFL combine his numbers were very impressive. If Snelling was capable of any of that testing from 2019...

Don't go there.

I'd say it's questionable Dodoro has watched any of Z. Clarke, Snelling and Cutler (the big body). It wouldn't be hard for me to accept Phillips arrived as no more than Sheedy's recommendation. Sheedy's recommendation was definitely mentioned by Dodoro.

I include Snelling, not because he's bad, but because Dodoro's post mid-season draft comment was "he arrives as the best athlete on our list". Yes Adrian, 10 kgs ago when he tested at the AFL combine his numbers were very impressive. If Snelling was capable of any of that testing from 2019...
Laughable. You honestly think the recruiting manager would have seriously not watched anything of a potential recruit? You think he wouldn't have seen any of Clarke's 100+ games? Any of Cutler's 60+? Phillips' 40-odd, on top of the multiple Essendon vs Preston games I've seen him at? Of course he's going to talk them up in whatever way he can, when he gets interviewed he's not gonna list their flaws.

Your agenda wants him to have not seen them so you're twisting it so it suits that.

Laughable. You honestly think the recruiting manager would have seriously not watched anything of a potential recruit? You think he wouldn't have seen any of Clarke's 100+ games? Any of Cutler's 60+? Phillips' 40-odd, on top of the multiple Essendon vs Preston games I've seen him at? Of course he's going to talk them up in whatever way he can, when he gets interviewed he's not gonna list their flaws.

Your agenda wants him to have not seen them so you're twisting it so it suits that.

Well if he watched Cutler and Snelling and his comments are anything to go by he is such a bad judge that he should be sacked immediately and we should look at some sort of recovery of all of the money he has made in property deals using his connections only made due to his position.

Well if he watched Cutler and Snelling and his comments are anything to go by he is such a bad judge that he should be sacked immediately and we should look at some sort of recovery of all of the money he has made in property deals using his connections only made due to his position.
I think he should be gone, but when we pick someone up, why would you go out and say "well he sucks at this and this" instead of being positive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back