Delisted 12. Wylie Buzza (2016-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's improved quite a bit this season. If he can kick a bag in the VFL it will do his confidence wonders. I'm expecting steady improvement this year, and perhaps breakout next season.

Seems there have been a lot of mentions and little articles about the possibility of him debuting. My read is that they've already decided it'll happen and it's a case of when instead of if.

Seems there have been a lot of mentions and little articles about the possibility of him debuting. My read is that they've already decided it'll happen and it's a case of when instead of if.
Yeah, but the only issue being I guess not having easy room to play him... unless of course some big full-forward were to be suspended for a jumper punch?

Is Wylie Buzza potentially our most important player for a premiership push? I feel that he can fill two important roles that arguably makes it that he is.
I was probably a bigger supporter of persevering with Harry up forward for this year, than most. Sure he struggled to get into the games at times, but he was potentially dangerous enough to take an opposition defender, which would free up Menzel and Hawkins.
If Buzza can provide a genuine goal scoring outlet and take a defender away from the contest (what we have tried so hard to have with Walker, Kersten, Black, and lesser extent Vardy in the past), Harry can be the general down back, and Buzza would be providing a chop out for Hawkins and Menzel to not be double or triple teamed.
We haven't seen him ruck yet in the AFL, but based on his VFL from, him and Blicvas can provide good enough support for Smith, that Stanley isn't required that we can bring in another small, to combat any potential run on the outside.

Is Wylie Buzza potentially our most important player for a premiership push? I feel that he can fill two important roles that arguably makes it that he is.
I was probably a bigger supporter of persevering with Harry up forward for this year, than most. Sure he struggled to get into the games at times, but he was potentially dangerous enough to take an opposition defender, which would free up Menzel and Hawkins.
If Buzza can provide a genuine goal scoring outlet and take a defender away from the contest (what we have tried so hard to have with Walker, Kersten, Black, and lesser extent Vardy in the past), Harry can be the general down back, and Buzza would be providing a chop out for Hawkins and Menzel to not be double or triple teamed.
We haven't seen him ruck yet in the AFL, but based on his VFL from, him and Blicvas can provide good enough support for Smith, that Stanley isn't required that we can bring in another small, to combat any potential run on the outside.
Premiership? I think thats too much weight to put n his shoulders... 2 + games is a good outcome for him and his background. I have doubts we will persist with him , although I hope we do. The great thing is ..even though he was hardly at home at the level..the glimpses he has shown were very encouraging. These games will have highlighted a few things that he will need to work on. Really guys like Buzza are years away from being the ones who should define our tilt.
I do know what you mean. Id love to see him play this week with Hawk and Menz V the Hawks on the G. How to maintain him in the side , to develop him while still aiming for the flag will be a difficult task that CS really has not had to really cope with.Hawkins did his early years under BT. For mine I look forward to having the likes of Buzza forward and Gardner back...nothing gives one a warm feeling of future security than ones side play young KPP , getting minutes into them in big games...but the closer we get I feel the temptation will be too great..and Harry or who ever will be played forward.

It would be a huge show confidence and support for him to be selected for a final. I doubt it will happen yet.

Premiership? I think thats too much weight to put n his shoulders... 2 + games is a good outcome for him and his background. I have doubts we will persist with him , although I hope we do. The great thing is ..even though he was hardly at home at the level..the glimpses he has shown were very encouraging. These games will have highlighted a few things that he will need to work on. Really guys like Buzza are years away from being the ones who should define our tilt.
I do know what you mean. Id love to see him play this week with Hawk and Menz V the Hawks on the G. How to maintain him in the side , to develop him while still aiming for the flag will be a difficult task that CS really has not had to really cope with.Hawkins did his early years under BT. For mine I look forward to having the likes of Buzza forward and Gardner back...nothing gives one a warm feeling of future security than ones side play young KPP , getting minutes into them in big games...but the closer we get I feel the temptation will be too great..and Harry or who ever will be played forward.

It would be a huge show confidence and support for him to be selected for a final. I doubt it will happen yet.

I'm not saying he will win us a premiership from his output. I'm saying with him in the team Our structure improves which makes us better team overall.

Harry down back - makes us better

Taking a defender from Hawkins so he's not triple teamed - makes us better

Stanley out so we aren't so tall and provide more outside run - makes us better.

But he's been dropped this week anyway, so what would I know.

I think he will give the competition a good shake next season... Still in development.

I think Stanley takes the CHF role for now, and Taylor down back to CHB.

Hard to understand why he is playing seniors ATM. Just doesn't look ready for AFL
And in reality, he's not.

However
No Hawkins. No Stanley. No Blitz.

We have Aaron BLack or Buzza (pick 66)

And while massively green - he's getting out there and doing ok at times. Its some decent development and i'll take it.

Not everyone can be Joe Danaher. And im sure you can relate to a side that has been hampered by a loss of lots of players.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And in reality, he's not.

However
No Hawkins. No Stanley. No Blitz.

We have Aaron BLack or Buzza (pick 66)

And while massively green - he's getting out there and doing ok at times. Its some decent development and i'll take it.

Not everyone can be Joe Danaher. And im sure you can relate to a side that has been hampered by a loss of lots of players.

Go Catters

Yeah all valid points. Thought he ended playing well today to be honest too

Still RAW as but I like what he brings.

Will only ever be a ruck chop in F 50 I feel but it was interesting to hear him say that he has a lazy eye and that depth perception for him is a real issue.

Makes sense about how he gets close to clunking some marks but not close enough.

Says he's getting better with it however - add that to his better fitness and development in the game and I reckon he's gonna be a contender for us for a while. And he's gonna stay a favourite based purely on his efforts to run straight and hard at the ball. Same thing has gotten many a punter on the Bews train.

GO Catters

The bloke with the best name in footy is now the bloke with the best name out of footy..

Thanks Buzz for everything.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back