#13: Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your agenda bud? I want to see your point.. But I just don't.
Agenda? None. Not sure why you bring that up..

Just know people (and long time partner to someone) who are going through it and even their parents have brushed it off as "harden up" "get over it".

Theres a big big difference between issues you can harden up and get over and diagnosed depression.

Why did we give Yarran number 13?

Don't want to go out on a limb or anything, but I suspect it may be because it was his number at the Blues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

none of us know 100%, but thats what the media has said and his behaviour is indicative of it. the poster was referencing suicide, and thats mostly a risk with depression, not schizophrenia or the like

I haven't seen a single media report saying it's depression. I've seen reports quoting "a mental health condition" or "a mental health issue". It could be something other than depression. It could be an addiction for instance.

All speculation though.

no - look at this thread as proof
Did you mean treated as in 'treated by a proffessional' or treated as in 'viewed by the general public'?

Having said that I still think that mental illness is looked at generally more and more seriously every day. To say 'mental illness' is as vague as saying 'physical injury', it comes in many forms obviously and to different strength degrees.

Being an AFL player with an injury problem and something like Yarran's family/life situation it is absolutely no shock he is suffering mentally.

I haven't seen a single media report saying it's depression. I've seen reports quoting "a mential health condition" or "a mental health issue". It could be something other than depression. It could be an addiction for instance.

All speculation though.
Dont think we will ever know 100% unless chris ever gets himself in a position wheres hes comfortable talking about it to the media. (Which i dont think he ever needs to do).

Just want the club to stand by him (and mckenzie) and give them as much help as possible.

Why did we give Yarran number 13?
Excellent question , that I meant to respond to elsewhere . Can't understand why a player unless he was a Brownlow medalist in that number, would request it again. He had a flawed career in the no 13 at blooze , so what do we do , stamp it on his back again,,,,,hopefully Balme sorts out that rookie s**t

Exactly and that worked out well

...are you saying that his jumper selection has attributed to his issues thus far? That's the definition of drawing a long bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont think we will ever know 100% unless chris ever gets himself in a position wheres hes comfortable talking about it to the media. (Which i dont think he ever needs to do).

Just want the club to stand by him (and mckenzie) and give them as much help as possible.

Which I think they're doing in spades

Agenda? None. Not sure why you bring that up..

Just know people (and long time partner to someone) who are going through it and even their parents have brushed it off as "harden up" "get over it".

Theres a big big difference between issues you can harden up and get over and diagnosed depression.

Hmm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent question , that I meant to respond to elsewhere . Can't understand why a player unless he was a Brownlow medalist in that number, would request it again. He had a flawed career in the no 13 at blooze , so what do we do , stamp it on his back again,,,,,hopefully Balme sorts out that rookie s**t
It's the last number I would have given him followed by 87:eek:

I haven't seen a single media report saying it's depression. I've seen reports quoting "a mental health condition" or "a mental health issue". It could be something other than depression. It could be an addiction for instance.

All speculation though.

the issues they talk about dont correlate with addiction

one thing the media is good at is telegraphing what they want to say without saying it

We all know Bennel likes the white stuff, but it was never overtly said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back