#13: Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't suggest that. I was clearly taking the piss. I even used the sarcasm face didn't I?

Edit: what crap about players getting treatment outside the club. That's a fact. Not all players. Some players. Mostly retired players now. I would assume it still happens.

You should actually know that a GP can refer you for a mental health plan and then refer you to a psychologist or another professional who then diagnoses you with anxiety or depression or psychosis or whatever else the issue is.

I know this has happened - player told me years ago about how he went to an outside doc because he was concerned if the club learned the possible diagnosis it would be career over

naive to think it still doesnt happen, esp in the areas of mental illness and substance abuse

This whole Yarran thing is unseemly.

Too much chat about something people don't know about and I include those who have gone through similar who are critical.

It's an individual journey.

How good would it be if he did his knee in preseason and we had the metrics of what that entails because it's a more easily known.

Just leave it alone because it makes everyone look a fool.

Very well said.

okay, so we have an approved list of doctors now? how do we determine what is an approved doctor, and how do you intend to tell the AMA (one of the strongest unions in Australia) that you are boycotting their members?

On the second, you're the git for this suggestion. firstly you're assuming clubs monitor and constantly evaluate players for mental illness to have these records. does that mean we wont trade with any club without these records? secondly if the records are bad, why would the club hand then over?

and wait.... as a poster already told you, doctor patient records are confidential - the club cannot hand them over to us without the players permission, and I can 100% guarantee the AFLPA would be instructing all its members to reject such requests

suggest you stop drinking, put the laptop down, and go back to pub keno
How did you jump to the conclusion that I'm making that assumption?

And rejecting a request for a player's medical background is a warning sign in itself. You do realise that players often send their medical history to clubs that are looking to sign them as it can actually help facilitate the transfer, especially if they've had no serious injuries. But wait, you can 100% guarantee me that the AFLPA advise against it? F***ing lol. It can be beneficial for both parties if that kind of information is transferred.

I didn't suggest that. I was clearly taking the piss. I even used the sarcasm face didn't I?

Edit: what crap about players getting treatment outside the club. That's a fact. Not all players. Some players. Mostly retired players now. I would assume it still happens.

You should actually know that a GP can refer you for a mental health plan and then refer you to a psychologist or another professional who then diagnoses you with anxiety or depression or psychosis or whatever else the issue is.
Zzzzzzzzz.

Read over my last post. You're not even arguing against some of the stuff I'm saying.

And there would be nothing suss about Yarran supplying a medical certificate from a bulk billing doctor in Broadmeadows saying he has no mental illness.

Carlton would have his medical records you git. They would sign it off. If he doesn't go through Carlton he would have to pay for it himself, which I highly doubt he would've done.
Carlton don't own a players records, as if this was the case the clubs would know about drug strikes.

Zzzzzzzzz.

Read over my last post. You're not even arguing against some of the stuff I'm saying.

Your blue jumper and scarf are showing. Stop trying so hard. The good trolls use subtle lube bait, you are just going in dry.

I love reading your troll bait but if you use lube I can still drink a brandy and have a smoke after reading your posts.

Your blue jumper and scarf are showing. Stop trying so hard. The good trolls use subtle lube bait, you are just going in dry.

I love reading your troll bait but if you use lube I can still drink a brandy and have a smoke after reading your posts.
Why do you call anyone that disagrees with you non Richmond?

How did you jump to the conclusion that I'm making that assumption?

And rejecting a request for a player's medical background is a warning sign in itself. You do realise that players often send their medical history to clubs that are looking to sign them as it can actually help facilitate the transfer, especially if they've had no serious injuries. But wait, you can 100% guarantee me that the AFLPA advise against it? F***ing lol. It can be beneficial for both parties if that kind of information is transferred.

there is a big difference between revealing info on a known injury and an unknown

players have disclosed injuries from clubs for years

there is a big difference between revealing info on a known injury and an unknown

players have disclosed injuries from clubs for years
Of course, but my point is if someone like Chris Yarran does not disclose his medical information, you'd surely be a bit more hesitant about pursuing the signing.

And when I say someone like Chris Yarran, I mean someone who's off field issues have been well documented.

Geez. I won't ever PM you with my info again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this has happened - player told me years ago about how he went to an outside doc because he was concerned if the club learned the possible diagnosis it would be career over

naive to think it still doesnt happen, esp in the areas of mental illness and substance abuse

That's what I was talking about. I know of at least 3 players and 1 umpire who went outside their club or AFL doctors (for physical ailments).

The one I quoted, you have suggested to me, and many others.

Many others?

Show me. You see I could do what some others do and speak what I think via a alt account but I don't do it as to me that is gutless.

So boomer, you have accused me of many times calling trolls out so show me? To my knowledge it's only been less then a handful of times in the 5 years I've been active. Hardly many

Many others?

Show me. You see I could do what some others do and speak what I think via a alt account but I don't do it as to me that is gutless.

So boomer, you have accused me of many times calling trolls out so show me? To my knowledge it's only been less then a handful of times in the 5 years I've been active. Hardly many
Truth be told I fess up when wrong...I have seen you state "use your main account" which my simple mind associated with 'troll', sorry.

One serious question....

What is with the Boomer/NM theory you have? I seriously don't care about the suggestion, but more interested considering I can't stand them.

Truth be told I fess up when wrong...I have seen you state "use your main account" which my simple mind associated with 'troll', sorry.

One serious question....

What is with the Boomer/NM theory you have? I seriously don't care about the suggestion, but more interested considering I can't stand them.

Not to derail the thread but just for the record. I have never called you troll myself. As to the Norf stuff it is just when you started some thought you were a norf lover and my use of boomer was a vein attempt at wit and humor, surprised you missed it :p.

You mentioned " reply this time". I always reply when quoted if I missed a question from you prior, it was not intentional.

Not to derail the thread but just for the record. I have never called you troll myself. As to the Norf stuff it is just when you started some thought you were a norf lover and my use of boomer was a vein attempt at wit and humor, surprised you missed it :p.

You mentioned " reply this time". I always reply when quoted if I missed a question from you prior, it was not intentional.
Ok, I got the humour from you but the others felt a little straight faced. To be honest I don't care but for what it's worth (sadly) I'm Richmond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back