#13: Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is with the drunk face emoji? I will repeat out of Balme's mouth the words he said. This is nothing to do with me being positive or negative ,it's about making a statement based on facts.I hope you are not part of our fitness team if you think off season players should look like that.
Yarran's case is different as we all know,but your comments suggest you're thinking he will be ready and running by round one. If so, then you're being unrealistic. I'm hoping he will be ready to room into vfl by then and build his tank up and match fitness by Rd11 or at the turn after the bye. He has a long road ahead of him and hes taken one small step for the rfc and one large step for himself.

"Balme conceded Yarran was overweight after a long period out of the game and away from a full-time AFL program. "
Why are you quoting the below only ?

"Balme conceded Yarran was overweight after a long period out of the game and away from a full-time AFL program. "

That is the writers opinion. If you were being transparent as you like to sell, you would have quoted the entire paragraph. In which when the writer actually quotes Balme, Balme actually stated a "touch" over weight. As shown what Balme actually said below

"He's due back next week, he's going to come back with the younger players and we'll see how he goes. He may well be a touch over(weight)," Balme said.

Now being a touch over weight is fully understandable considering he is year off from full time AFL training loads. You also fail or ignore the fact that he is also training now, and will enter the pre season with the first year players to catch up.

See that is the issue champ. You post to imply yaz is fat, not matter how you spin it, that is how your intent reads. If you were like you claimed in your woah is me post, that you have not negative issues with yaz, you would have actually posted the entire truth, not a snip it to enhance your reality.

hope that is clear enough for you champ ? :thumbsu:

Why, does he have experience with mental illness?

don't know on that aspect

I was more thinking that he's not going to dislike having a fellow aboriginal around him (in some sort of authority) that he probably relates better to, and hopefully responds well to .... I think him feeling comfortable is important to him getting back on track

Ive always questioned Carlton's dealing with Yarran, seems like no one at the club actually monitored his performance or well being? His issues didn't just arise when he arrived at Richmond.
To Richmond's credit they did the right thing by putting Yarran's well being first

I see why most of Carlton's players want out, eg Gibbs
Do you really believe that's the issue here? Who's "fault" this is?...

Should we be reducing a man's pain and suffering to which footy team is better?

I hope the people surrounding Yarran aren't looking to lay blame, but rather, be concentrating on solutions and how to best support and help Chris during his time of need...

Do you really believe that's the issue here? Who's "fault" this is?...

Should we be reducing a man's pain and suffering to which footy team is better?

I hope the people surrounding Yarran aren't looking to lay blame, but rather, be concentrating on solutions and how to best support and help Chris during his time of need...

Fair call mate. . . . . But * I hate your club regardless of this issue.

Fair call mate. . . . . But **** I hate your club regardless of this issue.
Now that I can understand. I'd say the feeling is mutual, but "hate"would be an understatement...

Let's hope Chris gets the help he needs, so that the worst discussions we need to have in future is about, delusion, wooden spoons and round 1...

I have a good feeling that Yarran will play again.

Now that his career will genuinely be on the line, it will be a massive incentive for him.

I reckon he'll play NAB and play round 1.

edit: And I wish him all the best too, he must be pretty resilient if he is suffering mental and family problems, and is still trying to get out there.

Nowhere near as easy as people would think to just 'suck it up'.
How many people ever taken a sickie from work cause they couldn't be f ** ked or felt a little anxiety?

Well, amplify that by 100 when it comes to mental illness, and don't forget that footy is Yarran's workplace, and I'm sure he feels just as bad about it as some of the comments around here would likely make him feel regardless.

We should back him in not just as someone who clearly does need the support, but also as a Richmond player.

Anyway. It sounds like he is coming out the other side of his problems and working his ass off, so carn Yaz, prove the doubters wrong mate!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a perfect example of people wanting/beleving yaz will fail. Photo goes up and he has a haunted look??? Ffs lol. He is training on his own running laps lol.

People say he looks fat. He looks like a off season player to me but they ignore the photo shows Yaz running and training, just focus on the negitive

The funny thing is, if the photo was of Yaz smiling while running, the same negative posters would be out saying things like:

"Oh look Yaz is smiling it up, getting paid to deal with personal issues, he's taking Richmond for a ride obviously, look at him!!!!! :drunk:"

But it's not about Yaz. It's not even about the success of the club.

There are only 3 things that these people want, and every single complaint or issue they raise will always invariably lead back to one (or all) of these 3 things:

1) Sack Dimma
2) Sack Peggy
3) Sack Benny

Honestly, just look at their posts. Over the long term, you will see that everything these morons say comes back to one of those 3 things, and it doesn't matter what the topic is, their agenda is those 3 items and nothing else.

It always will be (until it happens), and quite frankly, it probably always has been as well.

I have a good feeling that Yarran will play again.

Now that his career will genuinely be on the line, it will be a massive incentive for him.

I reckon he'll play NAB and play round 1.
probably kick 4 and sink us on the bell with "it's as good as you will ever see" mk2 ......

Be great to see Yaz play again. Still got his number on my back. But now it's Jed Lamb's number ...

From all reports he had some difficult personal issues in his last year at Carlton, ie. ex-girlfriend went to Sydney and his father was on criminal charges (he's already in the joint). Hopefully he's now able to deal with these issues and whatever else was going on, and can play good footy again.

Prestia's a great pick-up, if you can get Caddy to reach his potential and the Yaz running off half-back, that's likely to make a big difference to your final's push.

Be great to see Yaz play again. Still got his number on my back. But now it's Jed Lamb's number ...

From all reports he had some difficult personal issues in his last year at Carlton, ie. ex-girlfriend went to Sydney and his father was on criminal charges (he's already in the joint). Hopefully he's now able to deal with these issues and whatever else was going on, and can play good footy again.

Prestia's a great pick-up, if you can get Caddy to reach his potential and the Yaz running off half-back, that's likely to make a big difference to your final's push.
Would love to see Yaz and Dusty combining.
Just gave myself the vapours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back