Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

As the old bugger here, I saw a lot of Robbie Flower - and even the back-end of the '64 team. No-one - not Robbie, not Big Carl, not the Ox, not the Wiz, not Jakovich - is as inexplicable as Clayton Oliver. Bound for glory.

As the old bugger here, I saw a lot of Robbie Flower - and even the back-end of the '64 team. No-one - not Robbie, not Big Carl, not the Ox, not the Wiz, not Jakovich - is as inexplicable as Clayton Oliver. Bound for glory.
I hear you Biff.

I too saw plenty of Flower and onwards. This kid is something else.

I noticed he did one of those little tap-ons, where he knocks it from the grasp of an opposition player, baulks the player gathers the ball and streams away.

Trying a first image upload so sorry if it stuffs up.
No human can actually see it but using ultra high speed camera technology (similar to the iphone stuck to the goal post for score reviews) we can now see for the first time how Clarrie does it.

View attachment 548438

Ah the crow throw

No human can actually see it but using ultra high speed camera technology (similar to the iphone stuck to the goal post for score reviews) we can now see for the first time how Clarrie does it.

View attachment 548438
Stretcharmstrong mother*ers!

Can i once again talk personal football today, but it gets back to this guy, so there's a payoff for some reading.

A while back i mentioned that my ressies coach had told me he coached Clarry in under 14's football, told me to say hi on his behalf if i ever got the chance.

Anyway today our reserves with me included ran out in an elimination final against Greta today. Pregame though, where getting the talk from the coach as you do, big game ahead. Going through his talk, he mentioned he got in contact with Clarry and asked him to wish us well over the phone, Unfortunately couldn't speak over the phone given that he was preparing for todays game. But he did leave us a message of some well wishes.

Absolutely stoked, Already a melbourne fan but to get a message of support from Clarry is enough for me.

Goes to show you can take the boy out of the country, but a country is always a part of the boy. Clarry has moved on to great things taking on the AFL, but even to give us a moment of his time is just outstanding.

Can i once again talk personal football today, but it gets back to this guy, so there's a payoff for some reading.

A while back i mentioned that my ressies coach had told me he coached Clarry in under 14's football, told me to say hi on his behalf if i ever got the chance.

Anyway today our reserves with me included ran out in an elimination final against Greta today. Pregame though, where getting the talk from the coach as you do, big game ahead. Going through his talk, he mentioned he got in contact with Clarry and asked him to wish us well over the phone, Unfortunately couldn't speak over the phone given that he was preparing for todays game. But he did leave us a message of some well wishes.

Absolutely stoked, Already a melbourne fan but to get a message of support from Clarry is enough for me.

Goes to show you can take the boy out of the country, but a country is always a part of the boy. Clarry has moved on to great things taking on the AFL, but even to give us a moment of his time is just outstanding.

Greta confuses me. How does that place have a cricket or football side? The home ground is literally a paddock in the middle of a lot of paddocks. Thank the lord for Google Maps or I'd have never found it when we played there.

View attachment 548438
Tyson in the background isn't actually in slow motion, that's just how slow he always is

Greta confuses me. How does that place have a cricket or football side? The home ground is literally a paddock in the middle of a lot of paddocks. Thank the lord for Google Maps or I'd have never found it when we played there.
Passion alone i suppose

Player ratings system has him ranked 4th now

upload_2018-8-26_20-12-22.png

Ridiculous that we have 7 in the top 100. Going back a few years I don't think we even had a player in the top 150 when this system dropped. The individual rankings are a faff but this does speak a lot to our overall improvement and spread of good players. 15 in the top 200 even with Tyson, Brayshaw, Hogan outside the top 200 because of lack of games played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player ratings system has him ranked 4th now

View attachment 549856

Ridiculous that we have 7 in the top 100. Going back a few years I don't think we even had a player in the top 150 when this system dropped. The individual rankings are a faff but this does speak a lot to our overall improvement and spread of good players. 15 in the top 200 even with Tyson, Brayshaw, Hogan outside the top 200 because of lack of games played.

ANB, Jetta and Hibberd are sitting together in the rooms after a game. ANB whispers... "I'm better than you two."

Hilarity ensues.

Not a starting mid, considering melting.
Hmm. I guess in the long run it doesn't really matter where you get picked so long as you make it, but also so obviously the wrong decision. He's ended in the top section of most of the awards that have been decided to this point, is fourth in the player ratings system, and statistically one of the best midfielders in the competition.

Hmm. I guess in the long run it doesn't really matter where you get picked so long as you make it, but also so obviously the wrong decision. He's ended in the top section of most of the awards that have been decided to this point, is fourth in the player ratings system, and statistically one of the best midfielders in the competition.
Shut up.

Any, and I mean ANY disrespect to Clarry in any way whatsoever is something I intend to take extremely personally for the rest of my life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back