Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

So glad he can play football , dude can't put 4 words together .
He is from Shepparton isn't he?

Being able to string 4 words together would make him a local Shakespeare up there

He is from Shepparton isn't he?

Being able to string 4 words together would make him a local Shakespeare up there

Our coach this week is from Shep and he speaks fine.

He’s about to put up a decent lead in the AFLCA award. Already 6 ahead of Neale and 7 ahead of Andy Brayshaw. Should poll 6-8 votes from R15, while Neale and Brayshaw won’t poll.

His form since the North game has been ridiculous but has gone under the radar because we’ve been losing I reckon. Especially when you consider that until Thursday he’d been fading out in the second halves like everyone else. He’s about to absolutely explode on the run home IMO.

R10, 2021 Against Adelaide
It got lost in the wash of the loss, but honestly this was one of the best games I've ever seen from a Dees player.

It’s the goals plus the way he moves through traffic, Crows could barely get a hand on him. Did go missing after he kicked his third goal to put us 16 points up in the last though. Only one touch in the last 8 minutes. Pretty incredible loss really to fade out so hard after having the game basically on ice against a bottom four side, and for the dominant mid on the ground to go completely cold.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I think Oliver has been the best player in the game for 2 seasons. And probably the best player we've drafted in my life time.
On this one, we agree.

A clever man on this board posted once long ago (2016 or so?) that Oliver would be our best midfielder since Barassi.

He was right. Take a bow Theseventhhamster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
What size contract do you think we put him on next year? 6.5 million over 7 years i.e something similar to petracca?
I would offer a lot. He’s not exactly easy to replace. As for the numbers, I don’t really know what we have in the kitty but he deserves a decent offer. You can bet your life other teams will make him one

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
On this one, we agree.

A clever man on this board posted once long ago (2016 or so?) that Oliver would be our best midfielder since Barassi.

He was right. Take a bow Theseventhhamster
Just checking, how many of my old s**t predictions have you committed to memory?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Just checking, how many of my old s**t predictions have you committed to memory?
I get a tattoo of your posts every time you do particularly good work.

EDIT: I do have something of a photographic memory. It just stores the wrong stuff and then I can’t remember my ATM pin.

For example an Essendon supporter that apparently also had a Melbourne membership called ManWithNoName used to post here in 2015, and once posted a brief story about going from an Essendon game to a Melbourne game on the same day and he had to rush to get there and change guernseys in the MCG car park. What in the hell am I supposed to do with this information?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne

EDIT: I do have something of a photographic memory. It just stores the wrong stuff and then I can’t remember my ATM pin.

For example an Essendon supporter that apparently also had a Melbourne membership called ManWithNoName used to post here in 2015, and once posted a brief story about going from an Essendon game to a Melbourne game on the same day and he had to rush to get there and change guernseys in the MCG car park. What in the hell am I supposed to do with this information?
That bloke was alright. Wonder what happened to him?

What size contract do you think we put him on next year? 6.5 million over 7 years i.e something similar to petracca?
Give him everything that's left over in the cap. He's 24 and has the (almost inevitable) chance to be one of Melbourne's greatest ever players

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
That bloke was alright. Wonder what happened to him?
He was okay here but had some problems around other boards, including Essendon. Got into a lot of fights by being kind of high-minded and holier than thou sort of thing. I mean I can put together some pretty strong SJW type opinions and annoy Topkent but this guy was a bit OTT. He might have packed it in. Eventually he was being targeted by some weirdos on here. I’m pretty sure he was stalked on facebook or other sites and someone posted his details and picture on Bigfooty before it was spotted and taken down

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don't think Oliver can be the best in the game when he has no impact in the forward half. He's the best clearance player in the game but if Trac was actually kicking accurately he's a better player.

I'll remember your ATM pin for you if you like.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't think Oliver can be the best in the game when he has no impact in the forward half. He's the best clearance player in the game but if Trac was actually kicking accurately he's a better player.
I tend to agree. But I reckon he can get to the point where he does have that impact. He’s shown glimpses of potential in the past and hitting the scoreboard is the next logical evolution of his game.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
that’s okay. You’re just wrong but that’s what makes you loveable

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He was okay here but had some problems around other boards, including Essendon. Got into a lot of fights by being kind of high-minded and holier than thou sort of thing. I mean I can put together some pretty strong SJW type opinions and annoy Topkent but this guy was a bit OTT. He might have packed it in. Eventually he was being targeted by some weirdos on here. I’m pretty sure he was stalked on facebook or other sites and someone posted his details and picture on Bigfooty before it was spotted and taken down
Completely unrelated but what's your Facebook 📝

Remove this Banner Ad

Back